Just a heads up on these scamming gits

I have recently started using a password manager called LastPass. It’s simple and effective. I’m about half way through populating it with all the stuff I log into and it works brilliantly. Now every account has a different password and I need to remember just one (the one to Lastpass).
As I said I'm not that bright and also a FOC to boot, so pray tell, in simple terms - what happens when your laptop fucks up or fucks off? Have you lost all your passwords?

As I said I'm not that bright and also a FOC to boot, so pray tell, in simple terms - what happens when your laptop fucks up or fucks off? Have you lost all your passwords?
No. you can log in through any other device. I have it on my lap top, IPad my mobile and my wifes mobile. so should be ok.

Thanks

I had a text from Royal Mail saying I missed a delivery and I needed to pay for redelivery. I already knew it was a scam as it was from an "07" number, the website looked legit but think it had "http" and I wasn't expecting a parcel.

What I'd like to know is, how the f*ck did they get my number? (No, I've not been on any dodgy sites where I've entered my number)
Either they’ve texted en masse to a load of numbers, or they’ve found via a website breach your number, or someone has sent a text previously that has been received on the number

I have recently started using a password manager called LastPass. It’s simple and effective. I’m about half way through populating it with all the stuff I log into and it works brilliantly. Now every account has a different password and I need to remember just one (the one to Lastpass).

Excellent app. As is 1Password.

Everyone should use password managers (the free one included in Chrome and Safari is good enough) and everyone should use random password generators too.

Sadly loads of people don’t, or don’t understand how they work.

Had an email recently from "PayPal" saying there was an issue with my account and to click the link verify / security etc
First page was name / address etc and then the 2nd page was confirming my bank details linked to the account.
Emailed PayPal and they confirmed 20 mins later that it was a scam and asked me to forward it to them.
The email sent by the fraudsters was something like enquiries@paypal.security. com and all the wording and text looked the part. They must catch loads out but thankfully not me!

I've had the same one several times. The first thing I do if I receive an email to verify an account, is come off email and go to the website it is asking me to verify my account to. In this case, Paypal's website.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.