Romeo Lavia

Shocking from the ref to give him a yellow tbh

I didn't mind that to be honest because I thought he played really well on a yellow and that's a pretty important skill in his position.

He still broke up their counters, he pulled out of a few challenges when he knew it was risky and others could cover, he was really smart about it.

I just think he's in a bit of a race against time because Fern is 100% done after this season based on the evidence so far. Which means Lavia has until June to convince Pep he can be Rodri's back up, otherwise he's going to be stuck behind 2 defensive mids. Hopefully we get good draws and he can play another 4 cup games this season at least.

In playing style he reminds me of Verrati. But looks more athletic and faster.

Loved his sharp, crisp passing and composure.

He's already nailed the short diagonal over the top for our wide players. Dinho has definitely taught him that one!

We'll begin flapping when he has a bad game and then if he keeps it up its curtains for him.
Some supporters have complained in the past that the team has too many nice guys. So it might be good to have someone in the middle who's a bit of a fanny.

I thought that his yellow was harsh as he had been pushed and lost his balance and it should have been a free kick for us.

That being said, if the ref thought it wasn’t a free kick for us, his challenge was pretty bad and probably should have been red in the ref’s eyes.

Other than that he was really good knitting play and mopping up balls once he got his eye in.
It could easily have been red, it was an accident but still a nasty challenge.

As others have said he, he did not let the yellow card unsettle him, always a good sign of maturity and intelligence.

Passing was incredibly Fernandinho-esque, especially those balls over defenders. Definitely looks a lot more of a Fernandinho player than Rodri. Both have their merits though. It'll be interesting to see who wins the place in the coming years.

Loan him in January where he can play as many games as possible so he can be ready to compete with Rodri next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.