80 | Cole Palmer - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think he'll end up as a right winger as he basically just *is* Mahrez when he's out there, but I quite like Pep's insistence on playing him as a midfielder right now. Must be good for his development. I can assume the thought process is that he doesn't need to learn how to beat people and score goals from the right, cos he's already good at that, but what he does need to learn is the physicality of this game and how to affect the game in a more considered way. Sorta like the reverse approach for Foden I guess where he was a midfielder, but they put him out on the wing to grow a bit and learn to affect the game in his own way, before hopefully now bringing that confidence back into midfield.
Interesting how some players learn pep ball out wide to end up in the middle and others learn in the middle to end up out wide.

The best lesson these kids can learn is to embrace how Phil plays, cast off the doubts and hesitancy and go for it like Foden does. Think CP is the first of these kids to move beyond that barrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.