******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
The UK and New Zealand are both part of the Five Eyes intelligence sharing group, so the UK government would be completely aware of any security threat NZ pick up.

I suspect the ECB didn't mention the security threat as a favour for Pakistan. They have been unable to host cricket in the country for a decade, and England following NZ in withdrawing due to the probablility of an attack would be devastating to cricket in Pakistan.

England's wishy washy player welfare excuse stops a bad situation getting worse for the PCB.
Perhaps, but then one might wonder why New Zealand didn't adopt the same approach and couch their withdrawal around the same terms, rather than mention security and damage Pakistan's reputation in international cricket further.

Perhaps, but then one might wonder why New Zealand didn't adopt the same approach and couch their withdrawal around the same terms, rather than mention security and damage Pakistan's reputation in international cricket further.

There's a big difference between pulling out 2 hours before a match and 2 weeks.

There's a big difference between pulling out 2 hours before a match and 2 weeks.
True, but England also pulled out in South Africa rather late as well. I just think that the cricket authorities in each country could liaise better for the benefit of all of the countries and the good of the game internationally. The Indian players evidently had misgivings over the time of the fifth Test, and England's players evidently had misgivings about continuing in South Africa and now touring Pakistan. I rather fear that we're in for something similar in Australia as well.

I'm not blaming any one party, but think there should be clearer communication between the authorities, between them and their respective players, and then to the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.