Should Class A drugs be legalised in UK

It's all good as it as far as I'm concerned. Making the most powerful drugs more readily available is going to be more harmful on a wider scale. There are just as many dangers in taking the purer stuff as there is with taking the purely cut stuff.

It's irresponsible to grant the general population access to this stuff. Even if they take it in their droves now, it's a tiny percentage compared to what it'd be if the gates were opened.
I've a feeling you don't appreciate how wide spread it is right now.

I get the feeling you don't appreciate how much more widespread it could be.
I don't agree with your argument tbh. Making it legal wouldn't necessarily mean every Tom dick and Harry will start taking it because they can.

I may be naive here but why would we legalise something that currently requires criminal activity to participate ( burglaries and violence), as well as all the fall out from the effects of drug taking eg, driving under the influence etc

Surely this would only serve to increase the number of addicts, which would compound the current criminal problem associated with drug taking.

I don't give a shit about the crime. I care about public safety and trust me, the general public can't handle this stuff safely.

You said in your post you've never touched drugs. Well I have, and I know full well what they can do in the wrong hands.
I live in the middle of town. I look out of the window or go in the local bars and see countless people doing coke all day everyday. To make out suddenly everyone who hasn’t previously taken it is going to go mad for it is as absurd as burying our heads in the sand as we currently keep doing. The billions saved and gained could be put to good use treating people who have become addicted to shit like heroin which in turn would help make the streets safer.

Your biggest fear seems to be drug use going up but in the 2 European countries that have tried something different drug deaths and addiction has gone down. I’m just glad people are starting to debate such a big issue a little bit more. Even that is progress.

Last edited:
I may be naive here but why would we legalise something that currently requires criminal activity to participate ( burglaries and violence), as well as all the fall out from the effects of drug taking eg, driving under the influence etc

Surely this would only serve to increase the number of addicts, which would compound the current criminal problem associated with drug taking.
Total opposite mate. Google Neil Woods and listen to him on YouTube or buy one of his books. Would probably give you a different perspective, it certainly did me.

I live in the middle of town. I look out of the window or go in the local bars and see countless people doing coke all day everyday. To make out suddenly everyone who hasn’t previously taken it is going to go mad for it is as absurd as burying our heads in the sand as we currently keep doing. The billions saved and gained could be put to good use treating people who have become addicted to shit like heroine which in turn would help make the streets safer.

Your biggest fear seems to be drug use going up but in the 2 European countries that have tried something different drug deaths and addiction has gone down. I’m just glad people are starting to debate such a big issue a little bit more. Even that is progress.
My fear isn't strictly drug use going up. It's unsafe drug use going up. Cocaine is the least problematic of the class A drugs in my eyes.

Trust me, the other stuff is a lot scarier and so much easier to misuse than cocaine. These drugs mess with your body and mind way more than coke ever could. You can't trust the general population with this stuff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.