Chelsea (A) - Sat 25 Sep 12:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I admit I am not too optimistic but there are good grounds for this view. We actually appear to have a number of players likely to miss out on Saturday and perhaps the following big games. We have an abundance of attacking midfielders and wingers and perhaps we should just have a go and see what happens. The alternative is to go defensive and not likely to be chosen by the manager given his football DNA. Even with everybody fit and available this would be a big task. Chelsea did not beat us three times last spring by chance or good luck.
see my other take. we lost to chelsea not because of player but because of tactics. besides we have two weapons coming into the team in KDB and foden so we have more to be optimistic than defeatist

You haven't watched us or Chelsea play for the last year if you think that's even remotely a good idea. We've conceded one goal in five league games but have failed to score twice, yet you think we're set up to go full Keeganball and win a five goal thriller?
that is exactly why we should try a different approach this time and try to Keeganball a win. why not try to make it end to end and try to win? why try the same thing that keeps failing? contrary to belief we are good in the transition game.

With the injuries we have the defence picks itself, but i think we have to over power them in midfield and draw their CH's out, so i'm mixing things up.

Ederson

Walker
Dias
Ake
Cancelo

Fernandinho

Bernardo
KDB
Foden
Grealish

Jesus

May seem like getting the excuses in early but I really would just like to finally see our strongest 11 against Tuchel's Chelsea.

Don't think there's any way round this week. We might just have to grit our teeth and take three defeats.

If we play our normal way we'll get cut apart because players are missing in important positions. If Pep tries to implement a new system at the last minute it'll go tits up, like it always does when he tries that.

No big deal. We'll dust ourselves off, get our injured players back, and carry on.

I'd take a shithouse 0-0 like the one we got at the Swamp last season, quite honestly
Agreed. It would be great for once if we just sat back a bit and stopped these sort of teams breaking on us. I am sick of seeing us beaten by counter-attacking teams. Are Chelsea good enough to break us down if we packed midfield...I doubt it. So many of our defeats have been self-inflicted. A draw would be a great result and the same is true for our trip to Anfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.