Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

An excellent post.

So called 'elite' PL clubs have moved so far away from the traditional fan base, they've lost touch with the reality of being a working class supporter.

We're an underclass in the eyes of City's hierarchy. They'll gradually sideline the traditional fan.
its true, the working class traditional fan just isnt going to put the same amount of money back into the club as the daytripper.

Great night with the score and the youngsters playing.
Usually sit in South 3 and moved to 116 safe standing area.
Surprised at how loud it was.Must be the songs do not carry well in the ground to other areas.
Too old for the standing are now due to knees,so not for me but if you have have no probles with you knees this is the area for you.

Not sure weather the idea has been mooted before but I think the club need to work with the fans about the empty seats issue we have for cup matches.

Something along the lines of bumping season ticket prices up slightly and including all cup matches in it, say an extra £15 for each cup match we anticipate by going off the previous season. So if we played an extra 8 matches at home last season then the £ of season tickets goes up £120. Some will argue that it’s expensive as it is but it guarantees more money for the club and also gives fans access to more games.

I’m not particularly arsed about what other fans say, it’s the most unimportant thing in football at the moment and it’s litterley the only dig rivals can have but surely the club want to see bums on seats in all games.

It might even give fans like me a kick up the arse to get to more games too. I’ve got stuck in a rut of going to the home matches and going to Wembley if we make it for domestic games. I want to get to more matches but other commitments make it difficult, but if the ticket is already paid for then I will go more

Not sure weather the idea has been mooted before but I think the club need to work with the fans about the empty seats issue we have for cup matches.

Something along the lines of bumping season ticket prices up slightly and including all cup matches in it, say an extra £15 for each cup match we anticipate by going off the previous season. So if we played an extra 8 matches at home last season then the £ of season tickets goes up £120. Some will argue that it’s expensive as it is but it guarantees more money for the club and also gives fans access to more games.

I’m not particularly arsed about what other fans say, it’s the most unimportant thing in football at the moment and it’s litterley the only dig rivals can have but surely the club want to see bums on seats in all games.

It might even give fans like me a kick up the arse to get to more games too. I’ve got stuck in a rut of going to the home matches and going to Wembley if we make it for domestic games. I want to get to more matches but other commitments make it difficult, but if the ticket is already paid for then I will go more

Flip side of making cup games cheap is that it is easy to give it a miss.

Am I missing something? That'd be a massive win for the club, guaranteeing ticket sales that would normally be a variable. What problem is it solving for fans though? It'd just make season tickets even less accessible and lock (at least some) people in for games they can't get to

Am I missing something? That'd be a massive win for the club, guaranteeing ticket sales that would normally be a variable. What problem is it solving for fans though? It'd just make season tickets even less accessible and lock (at least some) people in for games they can't get to
Don’t think that works anyway. I’m in Joe’s bar and we get the first 3 domestic cup games free. On Saturday it was packed, but last night I’d guess there wasn’t 30 people, even though it’s free.

Just speaking from my own perspective, if we got drawn v Doncaster in the next round of the cup, I’d pencil it in to go, if I’m mentally prepared to go and I’m free il more than likely go. If I can’t be arsed I’d actively look to pass it onto someone with plenty of time to do so. If I got offered a ticket and I didn’t go every other week then I’d more than likely take ticket, whereas if I had to take the time to phone the club or order online I probably wouldn’t do .

Everyone is different but I’m sure that we would get more people in the stadium that way, at a reduced price than what is offered this season and the club would take no less than what they would normally get. Wild guess that, not gospel!

Just make em cheap so more casual fans & fans with families can go £10 for 2 adults or kids
My Niece went yesterday first time in 10 years & took her lad aged 5 to his first game ,( wagged school today) lol he was buzzing
Not in a million years could they have afforded to go to a league game

Last edited:
123... That's an elite area. They tut whenever you stand up unless it's your turn to hand round the bag of Werther's Originals.
Oi, :-) I sit around there and they definitely do not tut.... if they did they'd be tutting a lot with me!! Last night I was a bit late I bumped into a friend outside the ground and we didn't notice the time, so I had to queue and boy are some of those youngsters not with it with this new technology? I though it was supposed to be us older people. I was waiting behind a couple of lads, probably late teens early twenties and they obviously had the tickets on the one phone. About 10 people went in the turnstile next to us and I was still waiting to get in so one of the guys in the other queue said come on love. But the second lad got in just then. Apparently the other guy who had gone in, after handing the phone to the one outside stood in the turnstile and the sensor sensed that someone was there!! H & S don't you know. If the light had turned green he could have been caught in the turnstile!! The steward on our side was trying to tell him but he wasn't listening!!

Anyway this meant that I was 'late' getting to my seat, the ref blew the whistle as I started the long walk down to the front! So people were saying where were you, you usually sing for us!! SING, if they think that is singing heaven help them...But I knew what they meant. I made sure I shouted and sang though for the rest of the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.