Safe Standing permitted at all PL / Championship stadiums - now Wembley (P22)

Spot on, I’d move to NSL1 if it was made standing.

That would be the best move by the club. Full North stand end with those who want to sing and make noise. I think we will see it one day, probably when the club has grown enough to justify an expansion at that end of the ground. A big end like at the Spurs ground would be the dream. Shift the families into the Colin Bell or East Stand.

Great news - there's no doubt the atmosphere was better in the days when many people routinely stood each week. Appreciate we'll never go back to the "squeeze them in tight" terraces of yesteryear, but this is a good start to reclaiming some of that atmosphere.

What’s the difference between this and what we already have in the south stand now - rail seating?
Not a lot other than clubs / stewards not having to "enforce" or to be seen as enforcing fans to sit down.
It is up to fans now to ensure these safe standing areas are successful during these trials.
It has taken 21 years of campaigning to get to this point and a few incidents of fans behaving like dicks in these areas will simply set the whole thing back to square one.

With the set of rules requiring 1 seating space per person surely its no different than what we have now with our current rail seats? - there is no concession to safe standing at all.
Until they make it like the German model of allowing 1.5 - 1.7 persons per seating space with the seating locked in the up position its same old same old with no increase in capacity or atmosphere as far as I can see.

With the set of rules requiring 1 seating space per person surely its no different than what we have now with our current rail seats? - there is no concession to safe standing at all.
Until they make it like the German model of allowing 1.5 - 1.7 persons per seating space with the seating locked in the up position its same old same old with no increase in capacity or atmosphere as far as I can see.
One step at a time. It has taken campaigners 21 years just to get to this point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.