James McAtee | On loan at Sheffield United

He was definitely *meant* to be left-back IMO ha. He was on my side of the pitch so I was paying close attention to him. He was dropping alongside Mbete when we were defending into a back four, and KDB even pointed at him a few times to hold his position. He did look like he was trying to consider all that, but just couldn't help himself when it came to getting forward. It's fine, he's young and was totally out of position. I properly laughed when at one point he just went central hunting for the ball and ended up dribbling out towards the right side of the pitch. The occasion got to him a bit I guess.

He doesn’t really play as a 10 for the EDS, he plays as an 8 in the same way David Silva did. Hopefully in a few years it will be him and Foden in midfield ahead of Lavia.
That I will look forward to, with Palmer and Delap in front of them.

Do you think it’ll hurt him that we don’t play with a 10? Where do you think his minutes will come as he’s integrated into the team?
No,he's a playmaker,with incredible versatility and natural ability,he makes things happen......and the number 10 role is most associated with such attributes - i made the comment more as a reference to that fact.

He will seemlessly join the ranks of KDB,Phil,Bernardo and Grealish IMO.

Was thinking of mcstee when he cam eon the other night.
He likes to play in a very similar position to Foden and grealish who are both young themselves.
Will he see his pathway to the first team blocked by them?

Was thinking of mcstee when he cam eon the other night.
He likes to play in a very similar position to Foden and grealish who are both young themselves.
Will he see his pathway to the first team blocked by them?
I think Foden will be used more centrally.

I think he`s up there with Foden, ahead the likes of Sancho, Brahim and Rony Lopes. 14 goal contributions in 7 games for the U23s already this season, he`s simply too good for that level. I just hope Pep gives him more chances in midfield this season. This lad could easily save us millions
His goals are the key. Like Phil Foden he has skill and awareness coupled with an eye for a goal which is invaluable in todays game. The combination is why City paid £100m for Jack Grealish.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.