#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I get it - KDB has had a genuine shout of being the best player on the planet in bursts, not sure we've had that before even from Kun
On that basis you could say Yaya did because nobody else in the world could do what he could when on it in bursts. The whole time a bloke called Messi has been playing though nobody should have genuine claims to being the best in the world those and that’s despite Ronaldo being the greatest goal scorer of all time

Oh... got ya.

Yeah Foden ahead of him doesn't work, Torres would have been better as he has more striker instincts.

Haaland is even better.
I think foden worked better than anybody else in that position and it worked for the team just doesn't neccesarily work best for kdbs game, that's a sacrifice he will have to make and there's zero doubt he will do it expertly.

I think foden worked better than anybody else in that position and it worked for the team just doesn't neccesarily work best for kdbs game, that's a sacrifice he will have to make and there's zero doubt he will do it expertly.
I like Foden's pressing over Torres in the 9 position.

As a false 9, he is definitely more suited over Torres, but as a real 9 I prefer Torres.

I don't think False 9 is Foden's best position anyways, I prefer him on the wings or in KdB's role, but of course to fit the other players, it's the spot he gets.

I like Foden's pressing over Torres in the 9 position.

As a false 9, he is definitely more suited over Torres, but as a real 9 I prefer Torres.

I don't think False 9 is Foden's best position anyways, I prefer him on the wings or in KdB's role, but of course to fit the other players, it's the spot he gets.
Agreed. Said elsewhere Fodens best position is definitely not the false 9 but our best option for the false 9 is Foden.

Kdb would be better if he had a striker or at least somebody with pace to burn infront of him and foden would be better deeper where he can get on the ball and make things happen but both have to make sacrifices to their individual game for the good of the team.

When it works like today it's wonderful and no problem, when it doesn't work questions get asked about why we haven't got our best players in their best positions.

On that basis you could say Yaya did because nobody else in the world could do what he could when on it in bursts. The whole time a bloke called Messi has been playing though nobody should have genuine claims to being the best in the world those and that’s despite Ronaldo being the greatest goal scorer of all time
Nah, that's underrating KDB too much. He's been the best midfielder for the last 4 years(after Modric prime) unanimously. When were Aguero, Silva, Kompany or Yaya unanimously the best in their positions for 3-5 seasons? I would even say none of them were the best in the world for their position for 1 season. I don't know if KDB will be the best City player (because there is a lot of emotion attached to this) , but I have zero doubts that KDB is already the best player that has played for us at least in this century.

Kev always needs a few games to get up to speed. His passing was off, today, but his commitment to the cause is beyond reproach.
This was old school off day KDB. Struggles, presses well, and despite everything probably ought to have had at least an assist. Played a beauty of a freekick to Laporte right before he was subbed.

Not 100% fit and erratic with his end product, but his pressing and winning the ball back was brilliant!

Will be back to his best when fully fit soon.

He was the 'worst' player today in our starting 11 but he still wasn't bad, his teammates just performed better. Kevin will be fine. He still only looks at about 80%. Can't wait till he's back to his best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.