Chelsea PL (A) | Man of the Match

Man of the Match

• Total voters
The Duracell Bunny that is Bernardo Silva. Praise to Walker for two moments of no messing defending in the last 10 minute of the game.

Excellent performances throughout the team, but I thought Rodri was outstanding. I think City always do better against good sides when Raheem is not in the team because he loses it too often & leaves us open to counter attacks. Cancelo is prone to that too but he was really good today.

I gave it to Jesus because of the goal. That was a top class goal and he hasn't been given the credit he deserved for that.

Some have said it already I think, but I think the best business we did this year was, retaining Bernardo, Laporte and Jesus.

Grealish was a great addition to the team, but not paying over the odds for anyone and holding what we have may prove to be shrewd business.

Agree.
Rodri and himself get 10’s from me.
The rest get 9’s and 8’s.
Maybe 7’s for Kev, Jack and Phil if you want to be picky.
But that very much was a total team performance.
Tough for Phil playing up front, as soon as he dropped back when kdb came off he played the perfect pass for Grealish. Midfielder all day long.

Picked Bernie, but Cancelo played a key role in that game in a way that may go unnoticed.

When the ball came to him on the edge of the box, his growing reputation for being able to crack one in caused the defender to overcommit and go to ground. At that, he pulled it onto his left and this led to Jesus ending up with the ball for the goal.

I’ve said it for a few seasons now, but we HAVE TO have an outside the box threat that defences have to close down or we will always face 10 men in the box when we attack.

Recent goals from Rodri & Cancelo, not to mention the constant threat from KDB (on either foot) is helping force defenders to come out and the space they vacate is ripe for exploitation.

For me, he still tries to play too many low percentage passes in the opposition third, or gets caught on the ball trying too much, which can lead to a counterattack. But, he is a brilliant LB/LM option. Possibly the most well rounded in the League.

And, I would be remiss if I didn’t mention the RIDICULOUS outside of the right foot pass that he curled in behind their defence for KDB(?) to run on to in the first half.

Had Pogba or even KDB done it, people would be creaming themselves. Haven’t heard about it, so wanted to give it some props!
For a LB/FB is supremely talented

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.