Status Quo

The phrase 'they stole a living' was never used more appropriately than when used in the same sentence as this pile of shite band!
Anybody care to name me a more annoying and cringeworthy band who's songs (on the whole) sound the same?
They also make Mick Fucknall look good looking! (ok that was over the top...anyone see that tw*t on telly last night?..my mrs loves him/simply red!)
Coldplay?

To be fair, they were a class bona fide rock band during the early to mid 70's....Quo, Hello, Blue For You and their live album recorded at the legendary Glasgow Apollo were all excellent. (Though even then they got derided by some for sounding 'the same, lol)

But after the gringeworthy Rockin All Over The World, they took the mainstream pop route and became a parody of the band they were.....just media whores now.
Not a big Status Quo fan, but as a 13 /14 year old hearing Quo live was one of the things that got me into hard rock music . Bought the albums you mentioned but these days would say the definitive versions of their best songs are on that live album and is probably the only Quo album I really need and would love to have been at that show. Alan Lancaster was a big part of that, so am grateful for that.

RIP Alan Lancaster, end of the road gig at Milton Keynes bowl in 84, what a night that was, brilliant concert
Had that on VHS.

I saw the Quo 5 times (not with Alan, though) between July 86 and June 91. What a FANTASTIC live act.

They've not a penny of my money since THAT collaboration with the rags. It still doesn't sit right with me, nearly 30 years on.

RIP Alan Lancaster, end of the road gig at Milton Keynes bowl in 84, what a night that was, brilliant concert, great band in the 70s, great bass player, sadly gone
That was a great show, remember them flying over the crowd in a helicopter before the show. Saw them in a small venue (GrandbyHall, I think) in Leicester a couple of years earlier. I thought they were a great live band
RIP Alan Lancaster, end of the road gig at Milton Keynes bowl in 84, what a night that was, brilliant concert, great band in the 70s, great bass player, sadly g

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.