Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Through highlighting their activity on City forums, and requesting city fans think about their activity, I am hoping that overall City input to the Guardian has dropped.
Do you work for the BBC? Reading the Guardian seems to be just one of the characteristics of the Londoncentric metrosexual liberal staffer.

My younger brother a blue is fighting stage 3 lung cancer so agree with everything you have said. Don’t do Twitter or facefuck in fact all I ever do is WhatsApp. All I will say it’s great being a blue whilst surrounded by dippers and rags and chavs and the best bit they all pile on me for some reason and bat them off dead easily with there juvenile bingo cards.
Fucks sake mate you and your family have enough on your plate without worrying about plastics. I pray that you get a favourable outcome.

I’d encourage everybody to have a good think about what they allow themselves to view, listen to and read. I remember getting bowel cancer and consequently having 4 months off on long term sick. I joined Twitter out of boredom. I did the full journey in that 4 month’s without realising it. Joining an echo chamber of same views as me and being part of the attack pack when someone strayed into your space with a different opinion. I felt myself changing as a person for the worse. Needless to say I deleted my account and came off the platform.

Another Bluemooner already posted how some of us fell into believing the media hype in pre season. Before kick off yesterday they’d have you believe there was no point in City turning up at Stamford Bridge. As I’m doing less working from home and more sales calls I found myself in the car listening to all the guff. I knew it was guff whilst hearing it but it still infects you, for want of a better expression.

If you constantly take in the social media, tv, written press churn we are in the middle of a global pandemic with global supply chain issues, waiting for economic meltdown in the face of Chinese plans for world domination. Meanwhile the noble and gallant, historic football teams who play in red try to cheer us up by breaking the stranglehold of an evil oil empire.

If you don’t, its Sunday after a very good win. Looking forward to Paris and Klanfield.

It’s not easy. The biggest lie you can tell yourself is that you are unaffected by it. Look after your mental health and turn it off.
Good post. You have to be able to step away from the negativity. I dip in and out depending on how results are going. I don’t need talksport, sky, bt or any other **** tell me when city have played poorly. I also refuse to read anything derogatory written or spoken about the club by corporations who have a vested interest in our social media demise.

Trust your own judgment and as you said make decisions that will have a positive impact on your own mental health.

Know when to turn the shit off!

Last edited:
Marvin I have to agree with Kaz. Why keep reading it when you're so disgusted with it ? Ignore it and you'll feel a whole lot better.
Better still to do something about it. There's still some City fans posting on the Guardian but far fewer in number than there were so I think bringing it up on here does have some effect.

I’d encourage everybody to have a good think about what they allow themselves to view, listen to and read. I remember getting bowel cancer and consequently having 4 months off on long term sick. I joined Twitter out of boredom. I did the full journey in that 4 month’s without realising it. Joining an echo chamber of same views as me and being part of the attack pack when someone strayed into your space with a different opinion. I felt myself changing as a person for the worse. Needless to say I deleted my account and came off the platform.

Another Bluemooner already posted how some of us fell into believing the media hype in pre season. Before kick off yesterday they’d have you believe there was no point in City turning up at Stamford Bridge. As I’m doing less working from home and more sales calls I found myself in the car listening to all the guff. I knew it was guff whilst hearing it but it still infects you, for want of a better expression.

If you constantly take in the social media, tv, written press churn we are in the middle of a global pandemic with global supply chain issues, waiting for economic meltdown in the face of Chinese plans for world domination. Meanwhile the noble and gallant, historic football teams who play in red try to cheer us up by breaking the stranglehold of an evil oil empire.

If you don’t, its Sunday after a very good win. Looking forward to Paris and Klanfield.

It’s not easy. The biggest lie you can tell yourself is that you are unaffected by it. Look after your mental health and turn it off.
This all day long! Good shout.
Remember though that, there are still fuckwits in this world that believe Freddie Starr ate a hamster! ( my brother in law for one - he is a sly sport rag though )

The Daily United. Barcelona v Levante full match report. Barcelona won 3-0.

No mention of the attendance, which was 35,334. Nearly 5000 under the permitted 40,000 capacity due to Covid regulations in Spain. So Barcelona can't pull 40,000 anymore.

Yet City fans got slaughtered by the Daily United's post match report for an in-correct and misleading 38,000 crowd against Leipzig. Even though the Daily United's live match report had the attendance at 45,000.

Lieing (Rag) b@stards!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.