Paris Saint-Germain (A) - CL | Post-Match Thread

Decent performance, good in possession, but toothless up front. Shame Bernardo couldn't score that chance in the first half.

Rodri was excellent again as was Cancelo for most of the game. Mahrez very ineffective and should have been subbed as it was quite evident it was not his night. Not too downhearted and now focus on Sunday.

Didn’t think that we were that good tonight, and we just didn’t look like scoring after that Sterling / Bernado fuck-up.

Yes we had a lot of the ball out wide, but it looked to me that PSG were happy for us to have it to be honest, as they backed themselves to deal with the crosses. No one got ahead of the ball and the balance of the team didn’t look right, particularly in midfield.

KDB was very poor and his form and fitness is an ongoing concern. Also questions over where Grealish is going to play given how well Foden did on the left last season. We will improve when Gundogan is back but I’m not sure we have an obvious best eleven at the moment.

Saturday’s exertions probably had an effect but overall I thought we looked a little predictable tonight and lacked a spark.

City 0-2 PSG
City 0-1 Tottenham
City 0-1 Leicester
City 0-1 Chelsea (CL Final)
City 1-2 Chelsea
City 0-1 Chelsea (FA Cup)
City 0-2 United
City 1-2 Leeds
City 2-5 Leicester
City 1-3 Lyon
What do these AWFUL games have in common?

Sterling started them all.
Do you want to list all the games he started over the past two seasons and we WON , it will be a damn sight longer list.

Last edited by a moderator:
We actually defended really well. Their first goal took about 3 deflections before unluckily landing at the feet of one of their lot, and the 2nd goal was brilliant run and finish from Messi. Apart from that 2nd goal I felt we controlled when really well considering the amazing quality they have up front - arguably the world’s greatest forward line.

What let’s us down is that non of our attackers are natural goal scorers. I personally prefer wide players who also score on a regular bases. Sterling used to be this but is now a shadow of the player he once was. What we’re left with is several creative players looking to make the next pass rather than make that all important strike.

We will also obviously also now have shattered players for Sunday while the dippers will have breezed through tonight

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.