Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

7f4cd8b79bf99ca47b14d7713f19b476.jpg

See ya!

Love to see Bernie back.

I’ve never felt the need to boo an ex City player in my life. I hate when opposition fans do it and would like to have thought that we were better but we aren’t. Distin and Sturrridge spring to mind too. Aren’t people aware that they are looking at situations from a totally one-eyed perspective? A player wants to join us and he’s a hero, a player wants to leave us and he’s a villain.

It’s like the fucking pantomime, it really is.
oh no it isn't !

View attachment 27543
The narrative that he left for playing time (& they specified the midfield slot) doesn’t stack up when you look at the stats. It was a narrative cooked up by LFC, Milner and the media. It was another way to have a pop at City - old school players take a pay cut to leave the club for the glory of the game. It’s that moral high ground the cult on the Kop love to take.

The reality is he wanted a long term wedge, good on him for getting that security, I don’t see him as a greedy bastard, but I don’t like the bullshit. I don’t boo players, but am taking a guess that those who do boo him saw through the story that he moved for his need to call central midfield home.
What he did didn’t bother me. Up to him to do what’s right for his bank balance. Why would a footballer who hardly ever got picked in the big games have any loyalty to the club ? He was a hard worker but limited footballer for us, hence the reason he was never picked in those games. No big deal and we got better without him.

Not even the 2nd one?

Shouldn't really be getting beat from that angle tbh and the first goal was a typical charge out as the ball gets slotted past him, there is an awful lot of goals conceded in this scenario, he needs to do something different, good strikers will know that he charges out and then wait and slot it in low past his feet, making it hard to save, if he stood tall a couple of times it might put a bit of doubt in the strikers' mind.

Of course, it is only made worse as this is the very kind of finishing we are shit at, one on ones with the keeper are atrocious, so if they are like it in practice Eddie probably thinks he is great at one on ones lol
Fortunately with our tight defence and shots conceded, he doesn’t face too many. I thought his command of his area bar the one obvious error and his distribution were very good and pivotal to how we played. He isn’t the best shot stopper but he is a key player for us. We have only conceded 3 goals in 7 games which isn’t too shabby.

Fortunately with our tight defence and shots conceded, he doesn’t face too many. I thought his command of his area bar the one obvious error and his distribution were very good and pivotal to how we played. He isn’t the best shot stopper but he is a key player for us. We have only conceded 3 goals in 7 games which isn’t too shabby.
undoubtedly so, he does make some good saves but some of the goals conceded do look a bit weak but you have to take his kicking into account and without that then we would be a lot worse off in the system we play now.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Pep leaves to see if a new manager has that same thought.

He’s one of the worse. Maybe the very worst

As soon as he was announced as the ref I knew he’d fuck us over and he didn’t disappoint
Nah, plenty worse. For example you have Moss, can't keep up with play and asks lino (pre-VAR) whether 'the tv lads have said anything' before giving Spurs a pen against Liverpool. Tends to guess.

Nice looking at the league table form guide on MOTD2 last night.

City have the best form of the Top 6 over the last 6 games!

4 points dropped, next best was the Dippers I think with 6.

Amazing how we're reported as being indifferent at the moment, even some of our fans think so too.

Throw in the tough away fixtures plus Arse at home and you realise how well we are doing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.