That’s it, problem solved.

A very similar experience happened to my self and my 2 sons at West Brom a few seasons ago.

As it was a special occasion I had paid for hospitality, meal, drinks, seats on half way line opposite the players entrance etc.

My youngest son, who is registered disabled (ambulent) would be about 24 at the time and needed to wear soft shoes/trainers.

We attended the game, all smartly dressed, with my youngest wearing a pair of very innocuous trainers to facilitate his disability.

As we entered the stadium into a very plush reception area and whilst our credentials were being verified etc, we were approached by a very agitated member of security staff who, pointing to my sons trainers, declared in a very loud voice, you can't come in here with those on!, much to the amusement of all around.
In an effort to not embarrass my son I asked if I could speak to the guy in a less public place so that I could explain about his disability and the fact we had driven from Manchester and couldn't 'nip home to change' as he had insisted.
The guy was having none of it and told us we would not be allowed in unless my son changed his footwear.
We left the stadium in an effort to seek out somewhere that sold any other form of footwear other than trainers. The only place we could find locally was a cheap supermarket ( Aldi or Lidl or similar, can't recall) All they had were a pair of huge hiking boots with hook over lace ups that went half way up his shins.
So, boots bought, and my son now looking ridiculous, we were finally allowed in.

Once inside and enjoying the meal my son spotted a young teenage lad in a wheel chair wearing almost identical trainers to the ones he had been forced to take off.

I was up on my feet quicker than a rag going home when the score is 1-6 and seeking out the tool who had challenged us earlier. Once I found him I discretely pointed out the young lad wearing trainers, and asked what was the difference between him wearing trainers and my son. His reply absolutely stunned us and made my blood boil - "that lad is in a wheelchair and is obviously more disabled than your son"

Not wishing to cause a scene and embarrass my son any more than he had been already I asked him to repeat his statement in front of another member of West Brom staff (which he did) I took the names of the idiot and the member of staff who witnessed it and told them I would take it further once we got home. we ended the day on a high as City won easily, we got to speak to Gary Owen in the hospitality suite and we won the football quiz in the suite after the game.

In the week that followed the game I contacted West Brom and eventually was asked to relay the events to their 'disability discrimination officer' which I did.
Several weeks later we received an official letter from West Brom stating that they had investigated the incident and had concluded it was a "misunderstanding" and no further action would be necessary and they considered the matter closed.

Not even an apology, not been to West Brom since !!!!

The moral of the tale is:
Don't let one neanderthal tit with a badge and a little bit of authority spoil your love of City !!!!!!
You should have gone to the press mate, they'd have had a field day.

Unfortunately I don't think the OP has a trouser leg to stand on

Seriously though, its a shite experience, but if you genuinely stop going you'll just be reminded of it every time someone asks why you don't go anymore, or every time we have a home game on a nice day that you secretly would fancy going to you'll have to relive it again as a reminder

OFFS mate are you always this negative.
A lot of us are just trying our best to give you a bit of support and if you`re one of those people that doesn`t take to a jest and jape then what the fuck are you doing on Blue Moon.
Take a chill pill and I understand your concern but lighten up a bit.
Good job you don`t get the grief I get on here for being 71,fat, deaf,a cripple and a piss head !! ;)
And living in Wins Ford

Honest question. (I have no idea of the answer, not being rich enough to go in the corporate areas.)

Is there a specific dress code written down somewhere? For example, in the t&c attached to the ticket? If not, then it just seems a random and arbitrary thing that the staff can enforce. If, for example, it just says 'smart casual dress' that is wide open to interpretation.

In my experience, every time a security jobsworth tries to enforce some sort of dress code, they are immediately undermined by someone leaving the establishment wearing whatever it is you're supposedly not allowed to wear. I used to go to nightclubs where you "aren't allowed trainers" all the time wearing trainers, and I realised it's just an excuse for them to deny entry to people they don't like the look of.

Having said all that, this just seems like everything that is wrong with modern football. Never mind the jobsworth prick himself, the very concept of a dress code to watch a game of football is the wankiest thing I've ever heard of.

A very similar experience happened to my self and my 2 sons at West Brom a few seasons ago.

As it was a special occasion I had paid for hospitality, meal, drinks, seats on half way line opposite the players entrance etc.

My youngest son, who is registered disabled (ambulent) would be about 24 at the time and needed to wear soft shoes/trainers.

We attended the game, all smartly dressed, with my youngest wearing a pair of very innocuous trainers to facilitate his disability.

As we entered the stadium into a very plush reception area and whilst our credentials were being verified etc, we were approached by a very agitated member of security staff who, pointing to my sons trainers, declared in a very loud voice, you can't come in here with those on!, much to the amusement of all around.
In an effort to not embarrass my son I asked if I could speak to the guy in a less public place so that I could explain about his disability and the fact we had driven from Manchester and couldn't 'nip home to change' as he had insisted.
The guy was having none of it and told us we would not be allowed in unless my son changed his footwear.
We left the stadium in an effort to seek out somewhere that sold any other form of footwear other than trainers. The only place we could find locally was a cheap supermarket ( Aldi or Lidl or similar, can't recall) All they had were a pair of huge hiking boots with hook over lace ups that went half way up his shins.
So, boots bought, and my son now looking ridiculous, we were finally allowed in.

Once inside and enjoying the meal my son spotted a young teenage lad in a wheel chair wearing almost identical trainers to the ones he had been forced to take off.

I was up on my feet quicker than a rag going home when the score is 1-6 and seeking out the tool who had challenged us earlier. Once I found him I discretely pointed out the young lad wearing trainers, and asked what was the difference between him wearing trainers and my son. His reply absolutely stunned us and made my blood boil - "that lad is in a wheelchair and is obviously more disabled than your son"

Not wishing to cause a scene and embarrass my son any more than he had been already I asked him to repeat his statement in front of another member of West Brom staff (which he did) I took the names of the idiot and the member of staff who witnessed it and told them I would take it further once we got home. we ended the day on a high as City won easily, we got to speak to Gary Owen in the hospitality suite and we won the football quiz in the suite after the game.

In the week that followed the game I contacted West Brom and eventually was asked to relay the events to their 'disability discrimination officer' which I did.
Several weeks later we received an official letter from West Brom stating that they had investigated the incident and had concluded it was a "misunderstanding" and no further action would be necessary and they considered the matter closed.

Not even an apology, not been to West Brom since !!!!

The moral of the tale is:
Don't let one neanderthal tit with a badge and a little bit of authority spoil your love of City !!!!!!
Since when is breaking discrimination law a misunderstanding.
I thought all companies had to make ‘reasonable’ adjustments for any visitors to their site that may need assistance.

What a wanker

To all the loyal supporters who have attended like myself over the last 35 years week in week out, I’m sorry to say but I’m bowing out and wish you all the best with this and up and coming seasons.
Reason being the dreadful experience I had forced upon me at home against Southampton.
let me explain if you will, over the many years in the Kippax and South stand, I upgraded to corporate in the 1894 suite. Now those who attend that suite will know it is what I would call at the bottom of the barrel corporate wise, looking more like a truckers diner. However it does have the best seats opposite the owners which make up for the shabby surrounds and awful food on offer.
So back to the match which was if you remember on what was the warmest day we’ve had in years, me and my business partner got dropped off as we were making a day of it and intended to drink a lot more etc. Everyone was happy and excited as we past security and entered the main entrance, that was until I saw this guy run like the clappers from the back wall to confront me. “Your not coming in here dressed like that” looking confused I asked whoever not ? “Shorts - no Shorts”. No don’t get me wrong I had no idea you couldn’t wear shorts as this was probably the first time ever I had wore any. These were cotton dress shorts not football or the cloth type, together with a shirt and loafers shoes.
I explained I hadn’t any idea and would never wear them again, but this guy a proper jobsworth was having none of it, I asked what were my option on which he replied get some tracksuit bottoms from Asda. I mean Asda tracky bottoms really ☹️.
As we were meeting up with people for a meal and wasnt getting anywhere with this guy, I set off to the supporters store to buy some from there if they had any to fit me. Being 5ft 5” my legs are not the longest and nothing ever fits me lol. I did however find a pair on the rack rather expensive by hey ho needs must. Off I walked to the changing rooms to try them on. Only to be told there are no changing rooms open today. What am I to do I asked, you’ll have to change outside was the reply.
much to the amusement of the 1000’s of fans outside City square I was down to my undies and put the Tracky bottoms on with my loafer, no those who can remember Max Wall will understand how I looked, and the looks and laughter from the aether fans never stopped. I felt like digging a hole and jumping in it.

We finally got into the suite although to late to get our meal, but just time for a pint. I spent 10 minutes explaining why I looked like I did, and everyone agreed Tracky bottoms look far worse than shorts. We made our way to the seats and got ready for the game, I looked around to see at least half a dozen fans with shorts on which made me fume as you can understand. I did manage to take a sneaky photo of one in Adidas shorts with stripes on the side, I could hardly walk round taking photos here and there without getting into trouble.

HT came and into the suite I went to confront our corporate manager who was nowhere to be seen, I found out later she was off on the day.

At full time I pointed out others in shorts walking out to the staff on the door, they apologised and said they must have got through on the quiet etc.
They said a memo should have been sent out on the day but someone forgot to send it.
Now it’s not the money I had to part with or the meal I missed, it’s just down to the embarrassing position I was put in by to me is a crazy rule. I’m 60 in a couple of months and can do without being made to look like a stupid clown for anyone.

Dress shorts are smart dress and worn by both men and women and should be allowed on such days, footy shorts and tracksuit bottoms are a no.
I see the state of some of the players guests heading towards their private boxes and they look a state. The update rule says no shorts or tracksuits which I presume excludes track suit bottoms. You couldn’t make it up honest. So it’s one rule for them and one rule for us, and on that note I will not put another penny in the clubs coffers, not that they need it. I will be giving my seat to friends to attend as the last thing we need is more empty seats. My complaint has been sent in to my corporate assistant, who’s hands are tied. Not that I blame her one bit, at the end of the day if half a dozen fans turned up in shorts and were told not to do it again would it really matter.

Take care all you City fans, love City and always will although from a distance from now on.

PK
You are seriously going to give up watching City because of this,after all the shite we had to put with for forty decades ??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.