City’s best performances between 1990 and 2008 (pre takeover)?

It has to be the 5-2 win v Spurs when they arrived with their big guns in 94 for me, and for City to have a mixture of academy and top pros playing. Paul Walsh was unplayable that day. I was gutted to hear the final whistle blown. But on saying that, I still remember some great classics under Brian Horton, great times.

Loved that season , the kippax was being done up so I had a season ticket on back row of the North Stand, just as it curved toward the main stand, the atmosphere in there that season was brilliant, the games vs West Ham / Everton & Spurs standout
It was a good atmosphere in J block. The only downside is we were virtually pitch level so it was really hard to judge distances towards the Platt Lane end so regularly ended up shouting shoot Lomas for fucks sake when in fact he was about 40 yards out.
Was able to do a jig of celebration on the side of the pitch when Gaudino got that winner vs the dippers

I can’t remember what day it is tomorrow but I’m fairly good on my peak City years! That game was the bollocks, White and Vonk in front of thousands of Blues going ballistic, Motson was the commentator on MOTD. Les Ferdinand missing a fucking sitter as it rolled across the 6 yard box.
Yeah that was a proper day out. Went down and back on the special train, blues everywhere outside the ground and the away end was absolutely packed. I remember Whitey smashing it in at our end. Happy days :-)

Villa away under Howard Kendallwhen David White ran riot.

Beating the champions Leeds 4 nil under Peter Reid.

Brian Hortons 5-2 v spuds

For medical reasons I'm not allowed to mention the next 4 managers names just incase I relapse.

Under joe royle would say when we smashed Burnley 6-0 but remember having to wait for the rac for hours in the cold and rain on the way home. So going for 4-2 v Blackburn even though my memory of that day was left in the fernhurst pub.

So many to pick under Keegan but my favourite was 2 - 0 v Millwall. Ali B was sent off I'm the first few minutes, but we didn't give them a sniff all game and constantly attacked.

Think I may have been in a coma under my little pony toy welding man. Although to be fair he did beat the rags 3-1.

Svens 1st game v west ham I thought we were going to win the league,

It was a good atmosphere in J block. The only downside is we were virtually pitch level so it was really hard to judge distances towards the Platt Lane end so regularly ended up shouting shoot Lomas for fucks sake when in fact he was about 40 yards out.
Was able to do a jig of celebration on the side of the pitch when Gaudino got that winner vs the dippers
One my best weekends watching us that, me ,our kid and mates (1 a Manchester scouser) went to the match, then onto Blackpool for the weekend, there was a fair few blues with the same plan in Blackpool pubs that Friday night, then Ewood Park on the way back, most of it was a blurr, The Isle of Man tournament and Hamburg when Keegan was in charge, 3 of the best weekends Watching City for me.

happy days

For me, it has to be the Spurs FA Cup win from 3-0 down at half-time with ten men. The nearest competitors was the 4-1 win at Blackburn in 2000.

I didn't see that many matches over that period and most of them were rather poor. I recall home defeats by the likes of Barnsley and Bolton, not to mention the televised 4-2 home FA Cup defeat by Spurs.

The period was generally positive under Kendall, Horton, Royle, and Keegan and to some extent Reid and Sven. It was very negative under Ball, Clark, and Pearce. Somehow the bad times seemed to outweigh the good times. City started and finished the period in the top division but endured three relegations as well as three promotions, two under Royle and one under Keegan.

Always have fond memories of this derby in 2006. Obviously the 4-1 was the better result, and I have very fond memories of that game because it was my first derby, but we were battered for long periods of that game and had a lot of luck. United hit the post twice while basically gifting us soft goals at the other end. This one, though, under Pearce, was a genuinely belting performance and we deserved to win - we were dominant from the off, held them out for long periods, and then reduced Ronaldo to hacking around at our midfielders until he got sent off. Obviously we were shite under Pearce in the end, but this was a big high point.

similar feelings here. an added bonus was that I got a BJ at half-time
But the 4-1 with SWP banging the last one in was also mint

One outside derby matches too. The game when we beat hammers 2-0 i think with Andy Cole brace - one with a really nice curler to top corner. It was one of those moments when I had the false sense of hope, lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.