Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Lord. How long was his isolation period? :-)
Around 10 days! Like I said he likes a drink :-). He’s an pretty incredible character, as a female friend of ours says “Geoff is either working or drinking”. Tbf though he does Open Water swimming as well which at his age is no mean feat. He had a medical just before lockdown for work purposes, the Doctor said he was in good shape for his age, he knew nothing about his real alcohol intake!

Around 10 days! Like I said he likes a drink :-). He’s an pretty incredible character, as a female friend of ours says “Geoff is either working or drinking”. Tbf though he does Open Water swimming as well which at his age is no mean feat. He had a medical just before lockdown for work purposes, the Doctor said he was in good shape for his age, he knew nothing about his real alcohol intake!
Thought he might have been taking it as a purgative, up there with Trump’s bleach and strong light. Good news he’s well, ‘reassuring’ as Stella would say.

Thought he might have been taking it as a purgative, up there with Trump’s bleach and strong light. Good news he’s well, ‘reassuring’ as Stella would say.
He defended himself by saying “they were only 440m cans” works out about 11 pints a day/night, he’s fighting fit and back in the golf course, cheers (as he’d say).

I respect the choice of those saying they will not let their children have the vaccine but I trust they will let their child have a say too? And they are properly informed that every week in England children ARE dying from Covid.

Yes the numbers are tiny and yes the risk is minimal but it is not zero and it is higher than the risk of having the vaccine and any possible side effects.

And the risk of crossing a back road outside the house with little traffic when they see a friend on the far side is limited too but we still take it seriously because for some people every year their child is one of the unlucky ones.

I support it being a choice but it needs to be a choice of the child too not simply views imposed on them by their parents.

I am speaking of nobody in this thread directly or specfically of anyone - just in general that this ought to be at least a mutual decision talked over in the family and in the knowledge of the preference of the child being offered the jab, too.

I respect the choice of those saying they will not let their children have the vaccine but I trust they will let their child have a say too? And they are properly informed that every week in England children ARE dying from Covid.

Yes the numbers are tiny and yes the risk is minimal but it is not zero and it is higher than the risk of having the vaccine and any possible side effects.

And the risk of crossing a back road outside the house with little traffic when they see a friend on the far side is limited too but we still take it seriously because for some people every year their child is one of the unlucky ones.

I support it being a choice but it needs to be a choice of the child too not simply views imposed on them by their parents.

I am speaking of nobody in this thread directly or specfically of anyone - just in general that this ought to be at least a mutual decision talked over in the family and in the knowledge of the preference of the child being offered the jab, too.

last week you said only a handful of children are dying each week and now you’ve said children ARE dying every week, there’s multiple studies I sent last week that the number in a 12 month period of children under 18 is 25 deaths so 2 a month and over half had underlying health conditions

ENGLAND REGIONS (FRIDAY)

EAST FALLS by 325 - TO 3633 V 2822 - UP 611 IN WEEK

LONDON FALLS by 135 - TO 2942 V 2195 UP 747 IN WEEK

SOUTH EAST FALLS BY 10 TO 4705 V 3148 UP A WHOPPING 1557 IN WK NOW AHEAD OF THE NW AGAIN BY 198 TODAY

SOUTH WEST FALLS BY 75 TO 2709 V 2515 UP 269 IN WEEK

ALL SOUTHERN REGIONS DOWN ON DAY BUT WELL UP WEEK TO WEEK

EAST MIDLANDS FALLS BY 781 - TO 3138 V 3457 DOWN 319 IN WEEK

WEST MIDLANDS UP BY 235 - TO 3798 V 4203 DOWN 405 IN WEEK

BIG FALLS IN THE MIDLANDS

NORTH EAST FALLS BY 167 - TO 1551 V 1122 - UP 429 IN WEEK - NORTH EAST GOING UP A LOT NOW

YORKSHIRE UP BY 43 TO 3773 V 3719 - UP 54 IN WEEK

AND

NORTH WEST FALLS BY 236 TO 4507 V 4169 - UP 338 IN WEEK

OK DAY - NO LONGER TOP REGION

NOTICE THAT ALL BAR WEST MIDANDS AND YORKSHIRE FELL TODAY.

GM AS A PERCENTAGE OF NORTH WEST CASES

TODAY 36.4% UP A LITTLE FROM YESTERDAYS LOW OF 35.5%

BUT WELL UP WEEK TO WEEK FROM 33.5% LAST WEEK -

SELF EVIDENTLY A LESS GOOD DAY IN GREATER MANCHESTER THAN YESTERDAY OR LAST WEEK BUT THE PERCENTAGE IS STILL CLOSE TO PAR SO NOTHING TOO CONCERNING

last week you said only a handful of children are dying each week and now you’ve said children ARE dying every week, there’s multiple studies I sent last week that the number in a 12 month period of children under 18 is 25 deaths so 2 a month and over half had underlying health conditions
Nothing I said is contradictory there. I post the England hospital death numbers by age every day. Its their figures teenage and under I refer to and there were 2 last week and 3 the week before. Of course underlying conditions are the likely cause of MOST deaths regardless of age. All I am saying is that it is easy for some to read minimal risk as no risk worth bothering about.

Unless - also - the person making the decision on the child is ALSO ensuring they stay away from all of the at risk people in their families - such as elderly grandparents at birthdays or bonfires or Chrstmas parties - unless that grandparent wants to accept the risk an unvaccinated child WILL undeniably present to themthis winter - as even after being boosted it will not be zero.

I am all for choice - as long as it is informed choice and all impacted get that choice.

Last edited:
Nothing I said is contradictory there. Of course underlying conditions are the likely cause of MOST deaths regardless of age. All I am saying it is easy for some to read minimal risk as no risk worth bothering apart.

Unless - also - the person making the decision on the child is ALSO ensuring they stay away from all of the at risk people in their families - such as elderly grandparents at borthdays or bonfires or Chrstmas parties - unless that grandparent wants to accept the risk an unvaccinated child WILL undeniably present to them.

I didn’t say you were contradicting yourself I was saying you’ve now twice in the space of a week given highly inflated figures of children’s deaths from Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.