United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
etert.png
I notice he's described as a new member. Soon to changed - if not already done - to "ex-member".

United started all this by demonstrating just how much money could be made out of football. So other people (including some really serious businessmen with megabucks) got the same idea, and that's how we're where we are today, for good or ill. In fairness, if United hadn't cottoned on to the massive money-making potential of the game, someone else would have done.

I wish supporters of all teams would just accept we cannot go back to some imagined golden age. 1950s? 1960s? 1970s? 1900s? It's simply impossible. Top-level football is now always going to be run on a high-powered business basis, and if you don't like it the answer is to walk away and support the likes of Prestwich Heys or Abbey Hey. The thing is, millions will go on attending, paying stupid ticket prices, buying replica kits for ludicrous prices, buying Sky subscriptions and so on. So the individual who protests will not be missed. They'll just have more money to spend on other hobbies. Airfix kits are quite cheap for example.

I suspect a lot of Rags fans would be delighted if it was 1999 again. For their idea of 'fairness' is for them to be by far the richest club, dominating English football forever. They 'lose their love for the game' because the world isn't like that any more and quite possibly never will be again.

I can still see United winning a title one or two in the future but it will spread decade when any other competitor underperforming and no era of domination because there's so many club that rival them including us that will prevent that to ever happening again.

Heck they can bring their best manager ever and putting it against Pep, Klopp and Tuchel team it will be very difficult to compete with. The chance for them to be trophyless season just like Ole was is high.

United started all this by demonstrating just how much money could be made out of football. So other people (including some really serious businessmen with megabucks) got the same idea, and that's how we're where we are today, for good or ill. In fairness, if United hadn't cottoned on to the massive money-making potential of the game, someone else would have done.

I wish supporters of all teams would just accept we cannot go back to some imagined golden age. 1950s? 1960s? 1970s? 1900s? It's simply impossible. Top-level football is now always going to be run on a high-powered business basis, and if you don't like it the answer is to walk away and support the likes of Prestwich Heys or Abbey Hey. The thing is, millions will go on attending, paying stupid ticket prices, buying replica kits for ludicrous prices, buying Sky subscriptions and so on. So the individual who protests will not be missed. They'll just have more money to spend on other hobbies. Airfix kits are quite cheap for example.

I suspect a lot of Rags fans would be delighted if it was 1999 again. For their idea of 'fairness' is for them to be by far the richest club, dominating English football forever. They 'lose their love for the game' because the world isn't like that any more and quite possibly never will be again.

They genuinely just want it to go back to 1992 and before 2008 where they were the biggest Fish in the pond doing a Bayern Munich and hoovering up all the available talent without much competition.

We can analyse this backlash until the cows come home, but when you get down to straight hard facts they are jealous, and it breaks my bloody heart ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.