Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

The true test for me is to see if you can still continue to go to the pub socially but not touch any alcohol, maybe drink alcohol free lager as a stepping stone.

I've talked about it before with my wife but never actually done it but I want to give it a go after last night's episode.

Going to take each weekend one at a time and change a few habits like a few beers on a Friday after work etc and see where it leads me. I wish I could just stop at 3 or 4 pints but unfortunately I just can't. Most of my mates can but not me.
Hope your doing well this weekend, I've been down Tesco this morning (after 10) and cleaned the shelf of Guiness zero. Bloody lovely and been out of stock on my last two trips. So my fridge is stacked

Hope your doing well this weekend, I've been down Tesco this morning (after 10) and cleaned the shelf of Guiness zero. Bloody lovely and been out of stock on my last two trips. So my fridge is stacked
Yeah so far so good. Going Anfield tomorrow so it's an easy Saturday to stay out of the pub to be honest as I like to be fresh so I can watch the game.

Got a couple of non alcoholic Erdingers in the house so I'll have those later. Gonna get some of those Guiness zero as I like a stout.

At a gig this Friday coming and that'll be my 1st real test. Feeling optimistic about it still though.

Yeah so far so good. Going Anfield tomorrow so it's an easy Saturday to stay out of the pub to be honest as I like to be fresh so I can watch the game.

Got a couple of non alcoholic Erdingers in the house so I'll have those later. Gonna get some of those Guiness zero as I like a stout.

At a gig this Friday coming and that'll be my 1st real test. Feeling optimistic about it still though.
Keep it up blue. Good work

Keep it up blue. Good work

Hey if it works it works. The thing is you can’t solve this issue in one session. What you can do is change, you could now be in charge. How cool would you feel going home and being happy rather than arse ‘old. Don’t get me wrong I’m not perfect but I’ve been slowing doing the stupity as well. I need to

alcohol and me have always been doing batttle for years, my dad was was alcoholic and it killed him....he showed up pissed when I played football, when I was 11 I came home from school and found him in bedroom bleeding from cutting his wrists......he was ill, simple. I fight it everyday but I drink almost everyday because i like taste and over the years I live with it....a good job, family, nice house, no mortgage, not bad health....play golf, play football....good life really but you are only one step away from the edge.....its hard but we can only do our best. I take it a day at a time, some days better, some worse.....more more better!

alcohol and me have always been doing batttle for years, my dad was was alcoholic and it killed him....he showed up pissed when I played football, when I was 11 I came home from school and found him in bedroom bleeding from cutting his wrists......he was ill, simple. I fight it everyday but I drink almost everyday because i like taste and over the years I live with it....a good job, family, nice house, no mortgage, not bad health....play golf, play football....good life really but you are only one step away from the edge.....its hard but we can only do our best. I take it a day at a time, some days better, some worse.....more more better!
You're livin the dream :) sorry about your dad though

Eighteen days and not one drop. Sleeping really well; feel great when I wake. Had some blood tests done and liver is not as bad as I feared. I start the company's support program when I return from holiday on the 20th. Saving a shitload of money too.

I have had plenty of opportunities to have a sneaky can whilst out and about on my own but I have resisted. I don't want to go back to lying to my family about my consumption of alcohol. Mrs Z doesn't believe me 100% when I tell her I haven't touched a drop, because I lied daily for the twenty seven years of our marriage, but I know the truth and I'm proud of it.

To anyone currently abstaining or thinking about it, be strong and be true to yourself. Help is also out there in many forms. On here too!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.