Physical season card - requested accepted!

I assure you it's something we want to happen. As you say, we know we represent the fans so it's important that our work is visible.
PB re-reading my first post there it could look as if I am addressing the (allegedly) at City Matters folk. Please be assured I meant that for the club. I appreciate the work you are all doing. :-)

It's absolutely the case that it's been mandated by the PL and the clubs that had the technology were expected to introduce it immediately. Clubs that didn't have the technology have till next season, is my understanding.
In the notes of a meeting between the PL and FSA at the end of September, the PL confirmed that it was not a rule of the PL that clubs brought in digital ticketing. If the club are saying they had no choice that is obviously not the case.

There will be minutes published from the next meeting. We had a big meeting last night (I was there for 5 hours, plus another 2 on Tuesday for a meeting about transport). Unfortunately much of what we discussed was confidential but I've had permission to go public with some of it.

First of all there's a big push to look at transport, particularly with the new arena due to come on stream at the end of 2023 and I've presented my ideas to the club. There are constraints we can't get round - we aren't getting 6-lane highways like they have in the USA and Metrolink have capacity and other logistical issues. TfGM appear to have a bit of a 'fuck you' attitude to us but we're going to try to engage them to see if we can persuade them to do things slightly differently.

On mobile ticketing, you already know that the club have issued a small number of seasoncards, which we welcomed. The overwhelming majority of fans use mobile ticketing now but we (and the club) know there have been many issues, some of which were foreseeable and some of which weren't. The IT & Ticketing teams have been working hard to resolve these and they are making progress. New readers at all turnstiles should improve access times and they will be putting in additional turnstiles in the South Stand in the next few weeks. There will still be problems but these should be more individual, rather than systemic.

They are hopeful that Safe standing will be given the go-ahead at the Etihad and a few other grounds in the next few weeks, which will then formally come into force at the start of next year (Jan 2022). This will be carefully monitored of course and further progress will be dependent on the results of that.

I can't go into the details but they are looking at kicking off a major programme looking at all fan or customer interactions with the club, either via attending games, buying merchandise or just using the website for information, videos etc.
What the fuck is with all this Secrecy and we can’t tell you this and we can’t tell you that the whole fucking point of having you our ear and mouth between the club and the fans You’re getting just as bad are those at the club running our shocking customer service. You are now becoming nothing but lipservice of MCFC management.Total waste of fucking time you are .

Last edited:
What the fuck is with all this Secrecy and we can’t tell you this and we can’t tell you that the whole fucking point of having you our ear and mouth between the club and the fans You’re getting just as bad are those at the club running our shocking customer service. You are now becoming nothing but lipservice of MCFC management.Total waste of fucking time you are .
Well that settles it. We'll not bother talking to the club and let them do what they want.

It's taken time to build up a relationship of trust with the senior leaders at the club. I guess you've never been in situations where you've signed NDA's or had to show you can be trusted.

It's far more important that the club think they can safely share sensitive information with us, which makes it so much easier for us to represent the fans properly and sort real problems out. I'd much rather be in that situation than the club give us meaningless platitudes all the time, as happens at other clubs.

We actually requested that we get back to minutes being released. That's what we want but they'll never contain information the club consider shouldn't be in the public domain. And it will be the same at every other club.

Slightly different note but a ticket issue.....
I save and collect all my gig tickets - or at least I did until it all became print at home or phone tickets shite.
So was amused yesterday when looking for tickets for my daughter and gand daughter for a gig at the MEN Arena. As well as buying the tickets, they were offering a "souvenir ticket" of the gig for £2.50 plus postage! Cheeky bastards!

New readers at all turnstiles should improve access times and they will be putting in additional turnstiles in the South Stand in the next few weeks. There will still be problems but these should be more individual, rather than systemic.
If this means that there will be additional turnstiles at M1 then hallelujah. It has been a nightmare since SS3 opened as trying to get so many in via two turnstiles is always going to be an issue.

With all due respect @Prestwich_Blue and other members of the City Matters group can only do what they have been asked to do and they are giving up their time to attend these meetings and are trying their best.

I've criticised the club's attitude and asked about the minutes on here quite a bit but mainly because I know that there are people working for the club who read the forum sometimes. We all know that writing or ringing doesn't always work so we do what we can!!

I know that PB is big enough to defend himself but sometimes it has to be said. :-)

With all due respect @Prestwich_Blue and other members of the City Matters group can only do what they have been asked to do and they are giving up their time to attend these meetings and are trying their best.

I've criticised the club's attitude and asked about the minutes on here quite a bit but mainly because I know that there are people working for the club who read the forum sometimes. We all know that writing or ringing doesn't always work so we do what we can!!

I know that PB is big enough to defend himself but sometimes it has to be said. :-)
"Sheila take a bow"!!

Well that settles it. We'll not bother talking to the club and let them do what they want.

It's taken time to build up a relationship of trust with the senior leaders at the club. I guess you've never been in situations where you've signed NDA's or had to show you can be trusted.

It's far more important that the club think they can safely share sensitive information with us, which makes it so much easier for us to represent the fans properly and sort real problems out. I'd much rather be in that situation than the club give us meaningless platitudes all the time, as happens at other clubs.

We actually requested that we get back to minutes being released. That's what we want but they'll never contain information the club consider shouldn't be in the public domain. And it will be the same at every other club.

On a slightly lighter note you could get the info from Liverpool hacking department. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.