Airbuds / headphones advice request

Bit of a thread resurrection. but a music producer friend of mine has just been raving about these. apparently you can pick them up for about £60/70 if you shop around. says the sound quality is better than his £750 quid pair of Sony's

Edit: Amazon link didn't show properly, they are "Philips SHP9500/00 Headphones"

Bit of a thread resurrection. but a music producer friend of mine has just been raving about these. apparently you can pick them up for about £60/70 if you shop around. says the sound quality is better than his £750 quid pair of Sony's

Edit: Amazon link didn't show properly, they are "Philips SHP9500/00 Headphones"

£750? For a set of headphones? I'd expect the band to play a concert in the scullery for that money.

You also need to consider what it is you are listening to in the first place. What I mean is, I wouldn't be ripping Youtube videos of their mp3's and expect to feel as though you're sat in the middle of the Royal Albert hall after spending shit tons on headphones. Not sure what your average listener uses these days but Flac was good(or lostless if putting said files on an Iphone). I don't know, my ears are not trained for top end stuff(where the money spent counts). These people can tune a guitar by looking at it without downloading apps. I've got over ears that are £150, and buds at £50, both not too much. Both sound the same(to me). What I'm getting at is the source of the music(ie, is it mp3, mp whatever, studio, flac....). Goes a long way. I'm no music guru but you'd be surprised how many people think a sound is a sound.

Those Sony cheapos will pollute your ears.

With free delivery these are a bargain.

I have some LCD 2 Headphones, a snip at £900 !!!
The sound tho is absolutely wonderful tho :)
I’ve just asked the wife if I could upgrade to the ones you suggested, she didn’t answer me so that’s a no lol.

Was asking on the running thread about wireless IEM’s & staying in the ear when running.

The Jabras get good reviews & an earlier model us down at a reasonable £60 (ish).

However, some of the reviews suggest latency/sync issues which would be an issue (whether tv or phone).

I’d been looking at the Moondrop Sparks 2 (a colleague is a bit of an audiophile mentioned these - a lower model from Moondrops).

Anyone know much about these two? Both seem to get favourable reviews (certainly the Moondrops) - price at £60-70 is my budget (& have to be wireless):

https://headfonics.com/moondrop-sparks-review/2/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.