Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haaland would be a dream signing but paying him 600k pw might have a negative effect on the dressing room. Much rather pay him 300k pw, but give him a huge signing on fee.

It can be done either way and suspect a big upfront payment will ensure his wages are much more sympathetic towards our annual wage bill.

The financials would stack up even more when we do sell Raheem for £50m and lose his £300k a week.

Granted, Sergio's wages were absorbed by Grealish, but £14.4m per year freed up on Sterling is not to be sniffed at.

We were going to hand Kane £300k a week and also pay a £100m transfer, so even my fag packet maths, says we can do £600k a week wages no problem, whatsoever.

Add the circa £50m Sterling fee to the supposed £100m saved on not signing Kane, and even Haaland's £65m release leaves us the best part of another £85m to play with.

That's more than enough to absorb the related costs and massive signing wedge on top of Haaland's weekly £600k.

Even reading that back has convinced me the finances give us a real fighting chance!!!!
the selling point for me is that rodri and cancelo this season are proving that we absolutely can go big on a striker and can forgo reinforcing other positions for another summer. it's clear that we won't be able to afford anyone else if we get haaland, and that's completely fine.

the selling point for me is that rodri and cancelo this season are proving that we absolutely can go big on a striker and can forgo reinforcing other positions for another summer. it's clear that we won't be able to afford anyone else if we get haaland, and that's completely fine.

We've got the kids to pick up the slack!

It can be done either way and suspect a big upfront payment will ensure his wages are much more sympathetic towards our annual wage bill.
I think that would be the way we'd go until he proves he can produce regularly in the PL.

The players who have recently done well in the Bundesliga: Jovic, Dembele, Werner, Havertz, Minamino, Sancho, Silva, have hardly been ripping up trees in the leagues they went to, so i would think his wages would be performance related to start with.

It doesn't need to be complicated in the first instance. Sign the boy and the sponsorships will come as a matter of his global following and City winning trophies all over the shop.

It's time to stop fucking about, forget holistic.

The time is now. Time to leave our morals at the bank vault door and get this deal sealed whatever it takes.

Failure is not an option.

I wish you were on the City board of directors!

What about left back

Cancelo's playing as good as any LB we could conceivably sign and we have Zinchenko who's barely kicked a ball this season, who was our first choice LB last season and completely solid in our European run.

Wilson-Esbrand also looked pretty tidy in his cameo.

It's an area we can improve on at some point, but it isn't a glaring weakness.

The glaring weakness was Pep continuing to persist with Mendy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.