Manuel Pellegrini

“Narrowly losing”? LOL that’s one way of putting it.

Being a complete bunch of spineless cowards would be another way of putting it.
Well that was the media take on it certainly but I tend not to listen to those cunts.

We had a couple of chances late on at our place and could have nicked it and were well marshalled at their place by one of the most successful teams in history who were in the middle of a run of 4 CL wins out of 5.

You should have a word with yourself - there was nothing spineless or cowardly about it.

The first manager in our history to win the league and another trophy in the same season and should be remembered for that wonderful 2013/4 season. At times we were unplayable. Think he always knew he was never going to be here long enough to build a legacy and was a stopgap until we got Pep. Given our trophy haul pre 2011 3 trophies in 3 years is not to be sniffed at.

Brilliant first season but we were getting progressively worse under Pellers and I thought we’d become the most unfit team in the Prem (with the same trend happening at West Ham when he was there n’all).

For that brilliant first season he should always be remembered fondly (Yaya is still the pinnacle for any City performer we’ve had). But we got rid of Pellers at exactly the right time.
His 1st season Smashing the Rags home and away was fantastic and The Spurs/Arsenal home wins were as entertaining as it gets

“Narrowly losing”? LOL that’s one way of putting it.

Being a complete bunch of spineless cowards would be another way of putting it.
I definitely wouldn’t go as far as spineless cowards. That said, I lost patience with him in the Real Madrid semi final. We went to Madrid defending at 1-0 defeat like our lives depended on it. It was an awful watch. It only made sense if the plan was to keep it tight for 75 minutes then have a go for 15. We stoutly defended our 1-0 home defeat for 90 minutes. Their keeper probably kept abreast of all his social media accounts whilst we refused to leave our own half.

I’d just say I couldn’t work out what his plan was.

Well that was the media take on it certainly but I tend not to listen to those cunts.

We had a couple of chances late on at our place and could have nicked it and were well marshalled at their place by one of the most successful teams in history who were in the middle of a run of 4 CL wins out of 5.

You should have a word with yourself - there was nothing spineless or cowardly about it.
And Fernandinho hit the post in Madrid, had that gone in, we’d have made the final

Started well and played some highly attractive football, probably almost on par with the best we've played under Guardiola, but progressively got worse. We became stale and teams figured out how to play us, which unfortunately Manuel didn't adapt to.

Classy, dignified, and clearly intelligent man who I'll always have time for and respect otherwise. He's a good manager.

He was a good manger Pellegrini we played some quality football under him at the start. It did go stale the last season waiting for him for him to leave but 3 trophies and our first double in one season was a dream at that time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.