Joey Barton

But a holocaust to my mind means long and drawn out, so certainly a distinction between disaster. The story should be, news outlet tries to demonise another human for using a word in the correct context that has a different connotation to a certain section of the community. (I know how arsey I sound, but i'm fed up to the back teeth with the intentional misunderstanding of a situation to illicit rage.
I said it doesn't make sense Barton using the word, it is not the same but that is what he meant:

"Someone gets in, does well for the game, then has a holocaust, a nightmare. You know, an absolute disaster."

There is not much worse than encountering a stupid bloke who thinks he is smart

But a holocaust to my mind means long and drawn out, so certainly a distinction between disaster. The story should be, news outlet tries to demonise another human for using a word in the correct context that has a different connotation to a certain section of the community. (I know how arsey I sound, but i'm fed up to the back teeth with the intentional misunderstanding of a situation to illicit rage.
Holocaust literally translates from Ancient Greek as “whole” “burnt”, so it indicates mass causalities on a mass scale not necessarily drawn out. I think to avoid offending people you must clarify you are not referring to The Holocaust by preceding it with a word like nuclear.

This wouldn’t change the fact that Barton’s quote makes no sense and he would still be a nasty ill-educated baboon who pretends to be/thinks he’s clever.

He's a fucking pillock that's decided to rebrand himself as an intellectual, we probably all know a handful of similar people we went to school with that have done the same since leaving, I know I do. It was a truly moronic thing to say, not least because it doesn't work but I find it very difficult to see how people can genuinely get offended by it, there's no offence intended whatsoever it's simply somebody who isn't very bright trying to sound brighter. calls for him to lose his job because of that are mental.

Unsurprisingly his comment has been taken out of context. At worst it’s an inadvisable choice of words

can understand why he’s not some peoples cup of tea but I quite like Joey

having said that if I actually spent a few hours in his company I probably would decide he is a scouse gobshite wanker

Last edited:
Barton reminds me of a mad dog that everyone says is misunderstood and so should be given another chance. For a while this appears to be the right decision, the dog is affable and friendly, then one day it turns and mauls somebody to death. I'm not sure what he's done now but I fear for Joey you can never turn your back on him as as sure as night follows day somebody is going to get hurt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.