United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with your last sentence, albeit I await the not in Manchester pile on.

Having said that, I don't agree re the owners. They have taken money out of the club for sure but then it is a commercial enterprise not a charity, however they have funded the team to the tune of a billion quid or so and IIRC they oversaw great success with Ferguson at the helm, so I would not say that they are anywhere near the worst an owner could be. It's easy for their fans to point the finger of blame but in reality it is the people that the owners have appointed to run the club that are more the problem IMO. Of course I do understand that ultimately that's on the Glazers but as I see it there's a deeper malaise than the owners.
You have to factor in that the results in the last years of the AF era were possibly the greatest overachivement by any squad in the history of the Prem. Moyes inherited champions but just look at how weak that squad was - Rooney was their star man but he had aged badly. The rest were average (Fellaini, Smalling), some absolute wank (Cleverly / Januzaj) with the better ones well into their 30's (van Persie).

That period must have given Glazers a very false impression of what it takes to do well over time.

You have to factor in that the results in the last years of the AF era were possibly the greatest overachivement by any squad in the history of the Prem. Moyes inherited champions but just look at how weak that squad was - Rooney was their star man but he had aged badly. The rest were average (Fellaini, Smalling), some absolute wank (Cleverly / Januzaj) with the better ones well into their 30's (van Persie).

That period must have given Glazers a very false impression of what it takes to do well over time.
True. I guess my broad point is that there are worse problems than the owners. With a bit of luck and a fair wind the will gently slide down the ranks rather than feel the need to take any drastic action and by the time they realsise something needs urgent attention then it's too late.

The pressure is on in the Derby, can we spank the rags harder than the dippers?

I wonder if all this pressure on him to show up will play into our hands.

Initially I thought the loss to Liverpool would guarantee United sit back against us and make it another miserable game, but with his job on the line and needing a statement performance to keep his job he might be forced to "attack, attack, attack" as the fans used to say.

I wonder if all this pressure on him to show up will play into our hands.

Initially I thought the loss to Liverpool would guarantee United sit back against us and make it another miserable game, but with his job on the line and needing a statement performance to keep his job he might be forced to "attack, attack, attack" as the fans used to say.
In a 3 1 6 formation.

When Slyman Stone starts writing articles about is the paperboy right for the job you know the end is near
Yep, clearly been briefed by the Rags to write it, its what they do. As soon as they want rid of someone they tell their PR friends in the media and they start with the negative stories. Then copy/paste a few year later after the next failure.

In the 2018 home derby we were comfortably 2-0 up at HT and should have been 4 or 5 up. However, rags battered us 2nd half and Pogba has not played better for them since he scored 2 goals that day, and i think he also had an assist iirc.

Time we gave them a good thrashing whether the Norwegian gargoyle is still boss or not.
No way did they batter us second half. They had three chances and scored all three because we switched off. OVerall we had 65% posession and 20 shots and they had 35% and 5 shots. It was a smash and grab, a lucky victory and we also played a weakened team. Totally agree we are due to smash them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.