Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
40, 954 cases - 32, 280 from England - DOWN again by 1029 on yesterday

Looking like this England drop is for real

That is 4432 down on last Tuesday - a smaller fall than the 6264 week to week yesterday and 5322 the day before but still pretty good.

The 40K is a result of the triple day 5000 plus cases from Wales added today

Last edited:
This is the way the government have been running the country throughout the pandemic. The problem is that if you wait too long, it's harder to reverse the trend.

Small proactive steps now (or better yet, a month ago) could prevent cases from doubling on their current numbers. Things like mandatory face masks in certain places, encouraging people to WFH and vaccine passports/proof of negative tests for certain high-risk events (night clubs, theatres, cinema) could go a long way to ensuring the NHS, despite being very busy, copes with the pandemic and the backlog.
Seems like cases are going down rather quickly anyway. Interesting.

Deaths today though ARE a kicker - 263. Up from 223 last week. Though the Wales three day number in one go is a factor again. And as warned earlier with the hospital data always the highest on Tuesdays due to weekend catch up.

England only 208 V 189 last week

23 out of hospital deaths were included in the England number

HIghest England deaths total since 5 MAR.

Highest UK total since 3 MAR

Last edited:
40, 954 cases - 32, 280 from England - DOWN again by 1029 on yesterday

Looking like this England drop is for real

That is 4432 down on last Tuesday - a smaller fall than the 6264 week to week yesterday and 5322 the day before but still pretty good.

The 40K is a result of the triple day 5000 plus cases from Wales added today

hi, I have a question for you and others who are more knowledgable than me it flows from the recent increase in cases and also the data failings you have mentioned.

the questions is

if I take a LFT on Monday and it’s positive , I register it and it will be a new case within the numbers that day.

I then follow the govt advice and follow up with a more accurate PCR test and the results which I get back Thursday say it’s positive So I register it,

does that positive case appear then as a new case in Thursdays numbers as well or is the system sophisticated enough to track it through

obviously people who are ill take multiple tests to see whether they are ok so one new case could be many cases if the system just tracks number of positive tests only, irrespective of any previous tests that person may have recently taken.

do you know ?

hi, I have a question for you and others who are more knowledgable than me it flows from the recent increase in cases and also the data failings you have mentioned.

the questions is

if I take a LFT on Monday and it’s positive , I register it and it will be a new case within the numbers that day.

I then follow the govt advice and follow up with a more accurate PCR test and the results which I get back Thursday say it’s positive So I register it,

does that positive case appear then as a new case in Thursdays numbers as well or is the system sophisticated enough to track it through

obviously people who are ill take multiple tests to see whether they are ok so one new case could be many cases if the system just tracks number of positive tests only, irrespective of any previous tests that person may have recently taken.

do you know ?

I think this answers your question: You can see these reported with those confirmed by going to the dashboard and choosing England only (doesn't work for the whole UK):

1635263895046.png

NORTH WEST & GREATER MANCHESTER SUMMARY

An OK day for GM but less good for Bolton, Bury, Wigan and Stockport.

Stockport back up and alone over 200 on 221 and top scorer by 24 over Wigan who were also up 56 on the day to 197.But are down 14 week to week.

Manchester did well again on 175 down 62 week to week.

Indeed even Stockport was down (if only by 4) week to week but just seems incapable of sustaining a meaningful drop sadly. Though daily cases do fluctuate - why week to week matters more

Trafford had yet another good day and Stockport's POP SCORE of 75 V Trafford (scoring just 131 case and a POP of 56) bit back big and took 19 in one go from Stockport's best Pop Score in GM numbers - reducing it to just 321.

Oldham though - despite being way up over Stockport on Zoe - scored again the lowest number in GM with just 65 cases (again the only one under 100).

As a result of all the above GM balanced out to rise by just 3 to 1351 on the day.

The North West was UP today as a region just by 26.

So no harm no foul here at all. Effectively flat within the margins of error in both.

Week to week GM is down 133 from 1484. Which is where Bolton and Bury numbers did not help as between them they were up 50.

The other 8 boroughs were all down by a total of 183 so had the two BL boroughs not risen GM would be around par.

North West week to week is down 577 from 4482 so a 133 fall is an underperformance by GM though not by anything at a level we should find concerning.

Sadly the Hospital Data is not great news for the North West today either.

More patients in now than London and the highest number on ventilators in the region for a few weeks and up 20 (22% rise) in the past 48 hours.

The MON to TUE rise in England is below last week but closing in on 7000 in England now. And may make 9000 in the UK this week too.

Full details to follow

ENGLAND HOSPITAL DATA

ADMISSIONS SUNDAY (RECALL THESE ARE 2 DAYS BEHIND ALL THE REST OF THE DATA)

DAY V LAST WEEK

829 V 828

A rise of just 1 so the increase seems to be slowing

REGIONALLY ON SAME BASIS

LONDON 96 V 106

MIDLANDS 131 V 137

NE & YORKS 173 V 161

AND

NORTH WEST 119 V 126

LONDON the lowest now and falling but so is the North West.

Midlands hugher numbers but last two days falling.

NE & Yorkshire had a LOT of deaths today and these admissions up week to weel a 173 on a Sunday show they have problems right now.

PATIENTS YESTERDAY / TODAY

6801 / 6883

A RISE OF 82

LAST WEEK THE SAME DAYS NUMBERS WERE

5938 / 6099

A rise of 161

NOT SURE HOW TO READ THIS BUT NOT BAD NEWS

BUT OVER THE WEEK PATIENTS ARE UP TODAY BY 784 (IT WAS A RISE OF 863 YESTERDAY)

FROM 6099 TO 6883

LAST WEEK THE RISE WAS

FROM 5213 TO 6099 - UP BY 886

SO IT IS DOWN FROM LAST WEEK BUT NOT BY A LOT

REGIONS YESTERDAY / TODAY (OVER PAST WEEK)

LONDON 1044 / 1046 (UP 2) (UP 81 week to week)

MIDLANDS 1331 / 1331 (LEVEL) (UP 112 week to week)

NE & YORKS 1340 / 1381 (UP 41)) (UP 106 week to week)

AND

NORTH WEST 1044 / 1048 (UP 4) (UP 135 week to week - the biggest riser of the large regions worryingly and now also has more patients than London for first time in ages)

Smaller regions

EAST 684 - 685 on day AND up 118 week to week

SOUTH EAST 761 - 792 on day AND up 181 week to week

SOUTH WEST 597 - 600 on day AND up 51 week to week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.