Joey Barton

Interesting. I hadn't heard either word but I knew what the first one meant.

The second, well I assumed it meant havering shite, as in coprolites, but it just means foul language. I liked the fact that Google says

Coprolalia
  1. the involuntary and repetitive use of obscene language, as a symptom of mental illness or organic brain disease."
Maybe I was being a bit harsh and dunandunating too much!

I mean, there are a few phrases and words you’re best avoiding in football and this probably would be one. Even in the right context, which I’m struggling to think of many instances, you should be able to articulate your meaning with something less provocative but hey ho. Joey never did have the smarts he has somehow come to believe he has.
It doesn’t offend me personally and he’s obviously entitled to say what he wants but it smacks of very little self awareness.
Anyway, he’s a well known dickhead so another example of dickheadness won’t matter too much.

I mean, there are a few phrases and words you’re best avoiding in football and this probably would be one. Even in the right context, which I’m struggling to think of many instances, you should be able to articulate your meaning with something less provocative but hey ho. Joey never did have the smarts he has somehow come to believe he has.
It doesn’t offend me personally and he’s obviously entitled to say what he wants but it smacks of very little self awareness.
Anyway, he’s a well known dickhead so another example of dickheadness won’t matter too much.
I think it should be common knowledge to most to avoid using the word except in the context of the holocaust itself.

As you say; he's a dickhead.

Interesting. I hadn't heard either word but I knew what the first one meant.

The second, well I assumed it meant havering shite, as in coprolites, but it just means foul language. I liked the fact that Google says

Coprolalia
  1. the involuntary and repetitive use of obscene language, as a symptom of mental illness or organic brain disease."
Ha that is me , my brain injury was not organic though , head meet tree !

Do you seriously believe he meant to upset the Jewish community with his words?
Too many folk waiting to appear be outraged in the modern world,
Did I mention the Jewish community?
I was relying to the point about the word being in use before 1940s and that even in its literal meaning it was a misuse by Barton

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.