Racist tweets

Anyone else think the world would be a better place if we just fucked off Facebook and Twitter?
Yep. Two atrocious platforms, full of total fucking tripe and wankers.

It’s where village idiots, who in years gone by would shout at traffic or try and catch the Moon, can group together and think they have valid views just because all the world’s village idiots are also on there chatting the same bollocks.

The likelihood (though not 100%) is that it is City fans, given yesterday's events. And we do have our share of gobshites in our fanbase. Anyhow, whoever they support, take them out behind the garage and shoot them. Zaha is an irritating shit, and there's lots of scope to criticise him. His colour isn't one of them.
I agree though I'm sure there are instances where a player of colour gets an insult thrown at him in the heat of the moment such as "you useless piece of shit" or "fu*k off you useless c*nt" - common everyday industrial football language, and these are IMO taken personally against their colour whereas I would gladly, in the right circumstances shout the same to Luke Shaw or Jordan Henderson to name but two.

All my life I gave had to take personal insults due to a problem particular to me and I do wonder why these really highly paid footballers have to make an issue of these things? They're paid enough to take it, deal with it and move on. And that is not me condoning it by any stretch of the imagination, just feeling tired of the wrong people getting the attention they don't deserve.

I agree though I'm sure there are instances where a player of colour gets an insult thrown at him in the heat of the moment such as "you useless piece of shit" or "fu*k off you useless c*nt" - common everyday industrial football language, and these are IMO taken personally against their colour whereas I would gladly, in the right circumstances shout the same to Luke Shaw or Jordan Henderson to name but two.

All my life I gave had to take personal insults due to a problem particular to me and I do wonder why these really highly paid footballers have to make an issue of these things? They're paid enough to take it, deal with it and move on. And that is not me condoning it by any stretch of the imagination, just feeling tired of the wrong people getting the attention they don't deserve.
Context is everything, of course. If two fellas (one black, one white) are working together, and they jointly fuck up something, but the foreman only gives the black guy a bollocking, then it's bordering on discriminatory/racist treatment, if not the words themselves. Generally speaking, though, those insults above wouldn't, to me, be racist.

Was watching the match in pub with a mate of 20 years. When Zaha was whining to the ref my mate started with some racist shit. Lost my rag with him and gave him a right mouthful. He's due in the pub in ten minutes and will be interesting to see what or if he says anything.

Just call him a **** and have done with it. No reason to bring race into it unless you're one of those special types, which I suppose if you're going on social media to abuse a celebrity almost certainly is a prerequisite.
Strange world inhabited by lots of strange folk.

Only now as these Tweets have allegedly come from a City fan will something be done. I don’t remember any of this happening when Raz got this from Dipper vermin.
United and Liverpool have such spoiled moon howling fan bases that they shower there own players with it after every draw/defeat.

Was watching the match in pub with a mate of 20 years. When Zaha was whining to the ref my mate started with some racist shit. Lost my rag with him and gave him a right mouthful. He's due in the pub in ten minutes and will be interesting to see what or if he says anything.
Funny choice of mate you have there.

Context is everything, of course. If two fellas (one black, one white) are working together, and they jointly fuck up something, but the foreman only gives the black guy a bollocking, then it's bordering on discriminatory/racist treatment, if not the words themselves. Generally speaking, though, those insults above wouldn't, to me, be racist.
There’s nothing wrong calling a black player a “useless twat” if what is meant is he’s a “useless twat” and nothing else is implied.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.