#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s clearly having fitness issues. It’s possible that at his age, with the miles he has on the clock and with his injury record that the swashbuckling box to box KDB has gone forever.

His ability on the ball and his weight of pass and his reading of the game could see him become an outstanding DM in the twilight of his career though.
A DM with "fitness issues, "his age" and with "his injury record" imo is about the last thing we need, the positives you refer to would be far better utilised elsewhere.

A DM with "fitness issues, "his age" and with "his injury record" imo is about the last thing we need, the positives you refer to would be far better utilised elsewhere.
Point taken but he would hopefully have fewer fitness issues were he not to have to flog himself up and down the field for 90 mins. Another poster mentioned he could play the Pirlo role but does that even exist in today’s game ?

Unpopular opinion incoming.

I think his hunger for the game started dwindling during the miserable covid19 football season, particularly after that Lyon game, his post match comment showed just how pissed he was and then just when some normalcy starts to return to football, we get the chance to finally lift the damn thing only for rudiger to smash his face in.

KDB is a player who has to be in the right state of mind to play at his best, he needs to trust in the individual abilities of his team mates, right now it seems like he doesn't think of his team mates as being competent so he tries to hard to do everything himself.

I think Pep should give him some considerable time off to recharge and recalibrate his mindset.

Obvious Pep is trying to play him out of his current form, clearly not working and maybe just giving him a couple weeks off would be more beneficial.

Regarding the ankle problems, was it not Silva or Sergio maybe, that had an ankle problem over a year or two in which they just used to play through it and it really showed? They eventually just got the surgery done and looked twice the player when they came back.

The initial reports seemed to suggest that surgery was basically needed, so maybe it's just best he has it.

Unpopular opinion incoming.

I think his hunger for the game started dwindling during the miserable covid19 football season, particularly after that Lyon game, his post match comment showed just how pissed he was and then just when some normalcy starts to return to football, we get the chance to finally lift the damn thing only for rudiger to smash his face in.

KDB is a player who has to be in the right state of mind to play at his best, he needs to trust in the individual abilities of his team mates, right now it seems like he doesn't think of his team mates as being competent so he tries to hard to do everything himself.

I think Pep should give him some considerable time off to recharge and recalibrate his mindset.
You don’t half post some shite

You don’t half post some shite
Not sure it is shite.

Even listening to Pep you can clearly tell there are issues with KDB.

He has played non stop football since he arrived at this club, and in the last 4 seasons has picked up lengthy quite serious injuries that seem to be taking there toll physically and mentally.

He is also now a father and just maybe he has different priorities in life.

One thing that is 100% true, he is a shadow of himself this season, he looks old and his play is poor.

I would love the club to give him an extended break followed by a proper pre season fitness drive and then reintegrated into the team, long term it will be of huge benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.