Harry Kane

Who do you think we will go in for mate ? I don’t think Kane has suddenly become shit but the £150 million is long gone with the fairy’s but I still would take Kane on a discount but I’d say £50 to 75 mill is ok . To get haaland to city Is a tough ask as he would have to drastically reduce his wages for us to even enter the race. The one who I’d like to get is isak thr Swedish kid who has it all and is a lot cheaper than any of the others .

Isak would be a good shout… as would this Serbian lad. I wasn’t up for Kane at the end of last season despite topping the charts for both league goals and assists as ignoring the numbers he looked as though he was showing signs of physically deteriorating. Since May he has been shocking for both club and country. Quite a lot of football has been played over that period and he’s looked physically shot and isn’t putting up the numbers. I refuse to believe it is all due to his head. Every chance he’s peaked and it’s a downward trajectory from here in. We should steer clear. Levy misread this one big time.

Last edited:
Isak would be a good shout… as would this Serbian lad. I wasn’t up for Kane at the end of last season despite topping the charts for both league goals and assists as ignoring the numbers he looked as though he was showing signs of physically deteriorating. Since May he has been shocking for both club and country. Quite a lot of football has been played over that period and he’s looked physically shot and isn’t putting up the numbers. I refuse to believe it is all due to his head. Every chance he’s peaked and it’s a downward trajectory from here in. We should steer clear. Levy misread this one big time.
Totally agree he looks gone.

I think Spurs will be willing to sell this January, if Kane still wants to leave. Conte is a no-bullshit manager, if a player doesn’t want to be there, or isn’t showing interest, regardless of their clout, they’re being benched. If Kane really didn’t want to be there, he’d let him know, and Conte could probably convince Levy to sell. Levy may also be inclined to because of needing to fund Conte £100M+ for signings. He’s also saw what an out of form Kane looks like, and doesn’t want it to continue. Either something has already been agreed regarding Kane and City, hence Levy is willing is to give Conte that much, or he’s open to selling Kane and giving Conte that budget before hand? Or maybe he’s finally genuinely fearing for the club, and actually backing the manager lol.

But the question is, would we go for him? I remember Fabrizio saying a few weeks back he was still on our list, so I do think we will. It’s clear we’re struggling without a striker, and we spent the entire summer trying to go for him, if he’s available at a discount 4 months later, what’s the harm?

Yeah, his form has declined, but imo, it’s so obviously as a result of him being somewhere he doesn’t want to. Could also just be a tactical way to force a move to City because he doesn’t have the balls to hand in a proper transfer request. But who knows, maybe Conte could change his enjoyment at Tottenham. I think how he (and Spurs as a whole) plays these next 2 months will be crucial to get an indication of what’s gonna happen

And this is an unpopular opinion - but I’d take him over Haaland, solely because he’s already prem proven + is much more complete. The only thing Haaland offers over Kane is a better injury record. I get age, but with Raiola, I fear he’ll use us a stepping stone and get him out when his contract ends - similar to when Kanend.

P.S: Everyone speaking about pace, but I get the feel we’d start playing Sterling on the right much more if Kane comes. A front 3 of Sterling-Kane-Foden wouldn’t be slow at all, barring Kane

It looks like Kane has actually turned into a bad player. He hasn't had a good game against strong opposition for Spurs for years. He was poor last season, even before the transfer saga. The last thing we need at the moment is another slow striker. Our team is crying out for pace so we can break down Crystal Palace style teams. I just don't think Kane is the answer for us at this time.

Didn't he win PL golden boot and top assists?

Out of curiosity, what do you think City did wrong?
Wasted all Summer on a player who's club only wanted to sell him on their terms which were outrageous.

Wasted all summer seeming to believe Kane had a "gentleman's" agreement that he could leave, everyone knew that was utter bull*** and Levy would never allow it.

We as a club knew we had to replace Kun up to 2 seasons prior to last summer and just like the Kompany saga , just like the LB saga we have waisted too much time.

Let's hope the conclusion turns out as well as Ruben Dias has done.

I think Spurs will be willing to sell this January, if Kane still wants to leave. Conte is a no-bullshit manager, if a player doesn’t want to be there, or isn’t showing interest, regardless of their clout, they’re being benched. If Kane really didn’t want to be there, he’d let him know, and Conte could probably convince Levy to sell. Levy may also be inclined to because of needing to fund Conte £100M+ for signings. He’s also saw what an out of form Kane looks like, and doesn’t want it to continue. Either something has already been agreed regarding Kane and City, hence Levy is willing is to give Conte that much, or he’s open to selling Kane and giving Conte that budget before hand? Or maybe he’s finally genuinely fearing for the club, and actually backing the manager lol.

But the question is, would we go for him? I remember Fabrizio saying a few weeks back he was still on our list, so I do think we will. It’s clear we’re struggling without a striker, and we spent the entire summer trying to go for him, if he’s available at a discount 4 months later, what’s the harm?

Yeah, his form has declined, but imo, it’s so obviously as a result of him being somewhere he doesn’t want to. Could also just be a tactical way to force a move to City because he doesn’t have the balls to hand in a proper transfer request. But who knows, maybe Conte could change his enjoyment at Tottenham. I think how he (and Spurs as a whole) plays these next 2 months will be crucial to get an indication of what’s gonna happen

And this is an unpopular opinion - but I’d take him over Haaland, solely because he’s already prem proven + is much more complete. The only thing Haaland offers over Kane is a better injury record. I get age, but with Raiola, I fear he’ll use us a stepping stone and get him out when his contract ends - similar to when Kanend.

P.S: Everyone speaking about pace, but I get the feel we’d start playing Sterling on the right much more if Kane comes. A front 3 of Sterling-Kane-Foden wouldn’t be slow at all, barring Kane
IF his loss of form is due to him not getting his move and (I have my doubts about that looking at his England performances) then we definitely should be not going back, to me that shows appalling lack of loyalty and character.

Compare that to Bernardo, a player that apparently wanted to leave but could not but still returned from a long summer Euro's and has busted his guts for the cause!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.