Aston Villa Thread - 2021/22

Hard to make a success of the villa job, they're a side that could easily go down but have spent a shit load of money and have a few international players so would be seen as a huge failure if they did. Do well, get mid-table and it's seen as simply where they should be, zero chances of getting any higher and into Europe.

If the Liverpool job is already lined up for him and he simply has to transition I suppose keeping them up and waiting out Klopps inevitable meltdown can be seen almost as an induction, if he still has to impress to convince the candle worshippers then it'd be a poor move.
Inevitable meltdown? He’s been there now what 6 years? Christ. That’s probably the equivalent of the city owners “getting bored” practice what we preach guys.

Villa would be a decent draw for up and coming managers I imagine. Money to spend and a decent squad. I’d imagine making sure they stay up and build next season would be attractive to many. Also lazy to stay he’s only waiting for the liverpool job. Extremely lazy.

The scousers appointed Souness under those circumstances, a big gamble for slippy g this. From guaranteed trophies to possible mid table or worse. Probably needs to turn Villa into a top 8 side consistently at the least to be considered while playing decent stuff.

I think as long as he keeps them up and they show signs of improvement he’ll be considered a success and the “he’s ready” box will be ticked prior to taking over from Teeth at the end of next season.

Seems an odd move by Gerrard as the headwinds facing 2nd rank Premier League clubs are enormous.

2.5 year contract ... which takes him up to the summer of 2024.... funnily enough exactly when Klopps contract expires

Wonder how Villa fans feel about their club blatantly being used as a stepping stone

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.