Running thread

weighed myself today, thought i was feeling heavier even though my runs are (race wise) quicker.

Put 5 pounds on :(

Here's me aiming for a low 15 stone weight, and gone up to 16 stone 9.

Maybe its just the last few days playing up with me.

Soon fix that i reckon

Reactions: ob
Yeah, just picked up a cold (second cold in about as month). Grim.

Thinking of joining a local running group - good time to resume in the winter (without the heat adding to the stress on a body that had forgotten how to run).

I think I hit a good groove of running, gym and eating well....when the running dropped the eating well continued.

Had it down to a fine balance, but it's slowly coming off again now (and it's just on the chest/belly).

With all that and yoga/pilates, I was in the best shape of my life (having that strong core gives that youthful vitally back to really take on gravity).

i joined a local shop near me running club. best thing i've done

Bit of time to spare today. Usually I'd have gone for few pints today trainers on and out for run. Had no idea of route, pace, distance when set out just knew had to pop round to in law's to close blinds and drop a small parcel off at Hermes locker. Ended up doing enjoyable 5 miles. 2 at steady pace, 1 jog, 1 tempo and 1 jog

Since the marathon, a month ago, I've cut back on my running to probably three 5km runs a week. Thursdays is club run night, and I usually warm up with a 1km uphill run to the meeting area. I pushed hard tonight, and when I got to the meet, I suddenly went light headed and fainted.

I fainted after a bath after the marathon also, and these are the only times in my life this has happened to me.

I'm fine now. No Covid, never had a headache in my life. I've eaten well today, but at 1pm. Possibly not had enough water. It's a bit of a concern, so I think a trip to the doctors is in order. I hope they are doing appointments at the moment.

Since the marathon, a month ago, I've cut back on my running to probably three 5km runs a week. Thursdays is club run night, and I usually warm up with a 1km uphill run to the meeting area. I pushed hard tonight, and when I got to the meet, I suddenly went light headed and fainted.

I fainted after a bath after the marathon also, and these are the only times in my life this has happened to me.

I'm fine now. No Covid, never had a headache in my life. I've eaten well today, but at 1pm. Possibly not had enough water. It's a bit of a concern, so I think a trip to the doctors is in order. I hope they are doing appointments at the moment.
How’s your resting heart rate? As I got fitter my heart rate lowered and as it’s naturally quite low I get blackout/dizzies if I get up fast. In hindsight this first happened when Adebayor scored against Arsenal and ran up the other end from where I was sitting. I thought it was just me shouting so hard and I didn’t realise it was a ‘thing’ till several years later as it happened more and more in other circumstances Turns out I have a low hr which has got lower since getting fitter (Usually about 45 resting) I had to have an ecg to continue as a blood platelet donor as I kept dipping below their usual 50 resting rate to donate. I’m fine so long as I don’t jump up quickly.

How’s your resting heart rate? As I got fitter my heart rate lowered and as it’s naturally quite low I get blackout/dizzies if I get up fast. In hindsight this first happened when Adebayor scored against Arsenal and ran up the other end from where I was sitting. I thought it was just me shouting so hard and I didn’t realise it was a ‘thing’ till several years later as it happened more and more in other circumstances Turns out I have a low hr which has got lower since getting fitter (Usually about 45 resting) I had to have an ecg to continue as a blood platelet donor as I kept dipping below their usual 50 resting rate to donate. I’m fine so long as I don’t jump up quickly.
Thanks for this. It has averaged 52 over the last 12 months. I'll mention this to the doc.

I've had this a few times after a long walk or running very dizzy and sick. Managed to avoid collapsing though.

Usually when I am burning up badly.

Could it be vertigo?

I've had this a few times after a long walk or running very dizzy and sick. Managed to avoid collapsing though.

Usually when I am burning up badly.

Could it be vertigo?
I don't think it's vertigo. I'm 60, and never had anything like vertigo, or like this really.

The marathon one was understandable, to a degree. This episode was after a routine short run - albeit at higher intensity than usual. Maybe my body is telling me to stick with easy paced runs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.