Yorkshire Cricket Club

At what levels, what types of accusations, are they about the same individuals experience by different people, who are the accused, over what time period and which locations?

These are all important questions to determine how big the problem is and none are proven at this stage. I think your problem is you’re coming at this with a preconceived idea and bias. You’d already found Root guilty and called him a shit captain before any details were announced. You have no ability to actually wait.

Right so now you think it's plausible that 1,000 people complained about 1 person.

I have never, in 10 years on this forum, experienced anyone so desperate to argue in bad faith as you.

Right so now you think it's plausible that 1,000 people complained about 1 person.

I have never, in 10 years on this forum, experienced anyone so desperate to argue in bad faith as you.
Where have I said that? There could be 5 people complaining about 1 person on average, then that number of a 1000 issues gets divided to 200 individuals across English cricket, out of 300,000 that play the game every year. We don’t know yet until the data is quantified.

Your accusations of “arguing in bad faith” are as childish as your snitching previously. Be a grown up and realise people may not agree with you.

Where have I said that? There could be 5 people complaining about 1 person on average, then that number of a 1000 issues gets divided to 200 individuals across English cricket, out of 300,000 that play the game every year. We don’t know yet until the data is quantified.

Your accusations of “arguing in bad faith” are as childish as your snitching previously. Be a grown up and realise people may not agree with you.

Just the 200 isolated incidents. You're a joke.

Just the 200 isolated incidents.
200 individuals across the entire country isn’t a great amount now is it (200 too many of course)? It’s 0.07% of people in the English game. I’d say if it is that, and it’s a big if, these are isolated incidents rather than systemic.

Octavian v Domalino becoming quite intense. Wonder who’ll call the other a “rag ****“ first?
I'm sorry but have no idea what Octavian is arguing other than it looks like a deflection tactic. the focus here is on Rafiq and other victims of what is an institutionalised racist culture. People use the false equivalence argument all the time - for example, attempts to equate the ANC guerrilla attacks for freedom (mainly on infrastructure) with the evils of apartheid.
The focus should be on dealing with the issue and the issue still remains and is not diluted whatever Rafiq might have done (e.g slag off John Abrahams on Twitter).

I'm sorry but have no idea what Octavian is arguing other than it looks like a deflection tactic. the focus here is on Rafiq and other victims of what is an institutionalised racist culture. People use the false equivalence argument all the time - for example, attempts to equate the ANC guerrilla attacks for freedom (mainly on infrastructure) with the evils of apartheid.
The focus should be on dealing with the issue and the issue still remains and is not diluted whatever Rafiq might have done (e.g slag off John Abrahams on Twitter).
Well then you’ve not read any of my posts. The argument between me and Dominalo is that he called Rafiq a saint, I said let’s maybe wait to see if that’s the case with more info as whilst he’s certainly a victim, more accusations have been levelled at him for bad behaviour. Secondly, that it’s the whole of cricket that is guilty here, I don’t think it is but am willing to wait until quantifiable data is available. Dominalo believes that the whole of cricket and the whole of society is racist and everyone is guilty, I disagree. At no point have I deflected from what’s Rafiq been subject to, I recall abuse I’ve received at school and growing up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.