******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was dealt with 3 years ago but seemingly it was about to be made public. Don't think it affects his ability as a captain, questionable as that is, more to do with the inevitable noise that it will bring.
Given that he is going to be up before the media for the majority of the next couple of months it's probably a wise move.

That's how I see it too. No real surprise that the media would choose to break the story at the start of the Ashes.

Now Tim Paine has stood down after a previous indiscretion with a female colleague has come to light.
Looks like a big cover up by Cricket Aus too. Really bitter few weeks this for a sport I felt had morals above and beyond the likes of football.

Looks like a big cover up by Cricket Aus too. Really bitter few weeks this for a sport I felt had morals above and beyond the likes of football.

Ha - well Romain Molina may have revealed things overnight which has made football's morals look even worse but that's a discussion for a different thread.

Be a shame if Paine doesn't play in the Ashes because he's crap

It’s a private family matter and I fail to see how it affects his ability as a cricketer or as a captain?

I think it stops being a private family matter and becomes a workplace matter when the other person is a colleague.

Not sure why its surfaced 3 years later though?

As always with these things its the cover up that does them, and in this case its because Cricket Australia announced him as the ultra clean guy with a spotless record who was going to bring respect and dignity back to the team after the ball tampering.

The stupid thing is they're so caught up in this that they're not going to give it back to Steve Smith, who everyone knows is the right choice, and instead to Cummins who is usually rotated with the other fast bowlers.

He once used racist language in a commentary session ,England v Pakistan. His co commentator coughed and made some comment,I cannot recall exactly what but he sounded very uncomfortable. Boycott replied in an indignant tone " that's what they are called".
I can’t find any references to this. It might have happened and I’m not an apologist for Boycott.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.