Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The RDAHMeedya would not have a Rag title compared to anything else. The next one, if it ever happens, would be the finest, most romantic, most deserved, most cherished by the 670m acolytes and armchairs, and it wouldn't matter whether it was won by a shedload of points, GD, or awarded by the PL on the basis of a buggered up season that never completed - nothing, but nothing would compare.
Absolutely bang on the money. The longer it goes on the more dramatic it'll be portrayed. There will 100% be a Netflix, a BBC, a Prime and a Disney Special on it. Every celebrity on God's good earth will have a talking head shot.

Christ, please may it never happen.

When do we reach the cut off point when it makes commercial sense for the media to promote Manchester city? Will we ever get there? It seems like the media obsession with Man Utd is growing even though their club is declining. Our fanbase must have significantly eaten into theirs in Gtr Manchester over the last decade and surely that must be mirrored globally given that international fans should be more fickle than fans in Manchester and Salford with family connections and where the club is literally in the blood?

I was just thinking to myself about the media obsession with Man Utd's manager. I get the strong feeling that the media coverage is even more biased than ever despite Utd's fanbase declining. I put it down to increasing commercial pressure in the media. Surely at some point they are going to have to start writing for the City fanbase. We must be the 3rd best supported club in England now after Liverpool and utd.
I think we were regularly the third best supported club throughout the 1970s after the 2 red **** clubs. It is clear to me that the media will always pander to the huge support base of those 2 clubs, which means we will always be portrayed extremely negatively by the media, which in turn has significantly stunted the growth of our fan base. The only real change I see is at primary school and secondary school ages where our local Manchester area support is clearly growing, but not yet back to where it was when I was a kid when you used to see loads more City than rag shirts. The Ferguson era clearly changed that balance, and although it’s going our way locally I don’t see too much evidence of a national or international change

I think we were regularly the third best supported club throughout the 1970s after the 2 red **** clubs. It is clear to me that the media will always pander to the huge support base of those 2 clubs, which means we will always be portrayed extremely negatively by the media, which in turn has significantly stunted the growth of our fan base. The only real change I see is at primary school and secondary school ages where our local Manchester area support is clearly growing, but not yet back to where it was when I was a kid when you used to see loads more City than rag shirts. The Ferguson era clearly changed that balance, and although it’s going our way locally I don’t see too much evidence of a national or international change
the bully had the advantage of the champions leauge on itv every year ramming it down the gullibles throats

I grew up in the last golden era of Manchester City, 1976 and the Tony Book side but City were massively outnumbered at my school even then and then came 3 decades of abject failure. The result was that City fans were the hard core loyalists. If you were a City fan, you were a loyal person, dogged and stubborn with good human qualities. There was always I felt a bond between City fans of shared experience that I don't think many football fans feel. I always feel a glow towards my fellow fans even to this day when I go to the game. I just like being with fellow city fans because I know what we have all been through. It's a shared experience that no one else has had.

Once I think we all felt damned. Bringing up your child to be a city fan was almost an act of cruelty and yet it turned into a blessing. We weren't damned at all, we were the blessed generation and we didn't know it. The ones who follow us are unlikely to experience the joys we felt. I think it's called catharsis. There are very few clubs or fanbases who have experienced this.

It was either James H Reeve, or James Stannage, two great radio presenters who I used to listen to after the game who described City as God's own football club. I think every fan thinks their football club is special but I look around at other clubs, and none has our history. And yet many other football fans regard city as plastic. Nothing could be further from the truth. Not for the old generation anyway.

The RDAHMeedya would not have a Rag title compared to anything else. The next one, if it ever happens, would be the finest, most romantic, most deserved, most cherished by the 670m acolytes and armchairs, and it wouldn't matter whether it was won by a shedload of points, GD, or awarded by the PL on the basis of a buggered up season that never completed - nothing, but nothing would compare.

When the GPC pops his clogs, the shit will come out and the myth will be over.

Absolutely bang on the money. The longer it goes on the more dramatic it'll be portrayed. There will 100% be a Netflix, a BBC, a Prime and a Disney Special on it. Every celebrity on God's good earth will have a talking head shot.

Christ, please may it never happen.
Remember after rags first premier League win " Leicester fan " Lineker said on MOTD after all these years the title comes home. Nearly threw up, does he get a bonus for kissing rag arse.

It’s widely accepted that the reason for the rag shit show is the lack of ability of their coaches, so they sack the puppet and let one of their inept, personality vacuum coaches take over … They just keep on giving and I’m loving it…!!!
There was nothing wrong with our traditional 'caretaker' term until somebody at Chelsea wanted to be called interim. Not sure that interim fits properly. Temporary or Acting do the job in most English usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.