Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s incredible we just creamed PSG and BT sport are singing the praises of their front 3 in particular mbappe even showing his first CL goal against city. Time something was done about this anti city nonsense
We saw a majestic performance from City and an equally pathetic commentary from BT. I made the regrettable choice to listen to it as I wanted to hear the atmosphere.
1. Firstly, the commentators treated it like everyone had come to see PSG and their superstar 3. It was like the old Harlem Globetrotters programmes where the opponents were there just to make up the numbers. Make up the numbers? They were watching a magnificent English team make one of the best teams in the world look like a championship club unable to keep the ball. All the close ups were of PSG players, any tactical analysis was of PSG - "ooh it looks like Paredes has dropped deeper blah blah blah" yet nothing about our tactical changes and how they proved so effective, especially after Jesus came on.
2. Secondly, and I counted, there were 6 references to the Rags manager's job/Pochettino in the first 15-20 mins. What the fuck? The only thing that shut them up was that mesmerising 20-35 minute spell when we constantly drove them, back and hit the post, had desperate blocks, crosses coming etc. If not, they would have droned on about the Rags all evening.
3. For a so called national broadcaster - their bias against us in commentary is astonishing. They eulogised the PSG front 3 going on and on about them yet that incredible skill and dribbling from Bernardo on the left late in second half didn't even get mentioned.

We saw a majestic performance from City and an equally pathetic commentary from BT. I made the regrettable choice to listen to it as I wanted to hear the atmosphere.
1. Firstly, the commentators treated it like everyone had come to see PSG and their superstar 3. It was like the old Harlem Globetrotters programmes where the opponents were there just to make up the numbers. Make up the numbers? They were watching a magnificent English team make one of the best teams in the world look like a championship club unable to keep the ball. All the close ups were of PSG players, any tactical analysis was of PSG - "ooh it looks like Paredes has dropped deeper blah blah blah" yet nothing about our tactical changes and how they proved so effective, especially after Jesus came on.
2. Secondly, and I counted, there were 6 references to the Rags manager's job/Pochettino in the first 15-20 mins. What the fuck? The only thing that shut them up was that mesmerising 20-35 minute spell when we constantly drove them, back and hit the post, had desperate blocks, crosses coming etc. If not, they would have droned on about the Rags all evening.
3. For a so called national broadcaster - their bias against us in commentary is astonishing. They eulogised the PSG front 3 going on and on about them yet that incredible skill and dribbling from Bernardo on the left late in second half didn't even get mentioned.

Thankfully, I'm abroad and don't have to watch it, but I remember the first time I ever watched City in the Champions League on BT Sport. I made a visit back home and my old man had subscribed to BT so he could watch the CL games. Having grown up in the seventies and eighties, I grew used to the idea that coverage of British sides in Europe would be partisan and quite openly biased in favour of our clubs. This was quite the opposite.

It was partisan and biased all right, but in favour of our opponents (I can't remember now who it was). They seemed to be actively willing us to lose and didn't make any secret of that. I was astonished - I've never seen that in any match involving another British club on domestic TV.

They seemed to be shoehorning the rags into our game every 5 minutes.
Really really annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.