Ferran Torres | Signs for Barcelona (see main forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The value depends on how you look at it.

Many would argue we have already replaced Sterling so getting back essentially what we paid after having great service is a no brainer. If we don't sell it seems likely he runs his contract down. I know we did it with Garcia but I would be shocked if we allow it again.

Torres, the risk you take is "losing" his focus and energy to play for City. He could go on strike, refuse to train and do everything to not play if thats what it takes to get his move to Barca, don't think he will but you never know.
I don't think Pep can be arsed with that and will simply let him go.

Don't disagree with any of that. I'm all for letting players go. But with buying clubs paying fair market value, particularly players yet to hit their prime.

I'm sure the club could have found moves for bernardo and laporte this summer, at a 'who the fuck cares about money' discounted price. And now both are contributing massively while under contract. No reason for Sterling and particularly Torres to not do the same.

Kane wanted us only but we all know how that worked out. Grealish made it obvious that he only wanted us and still cost £100m. I’m not suggesting we should stop Torres if he wants to go but he signed a long contract like the 2 above and the price has to be one City feel comfortable with under those circumstances.
It's sellers market until we enter then it becomes buyers market

Might go for a fancy steak dinner tomorrow and when I'm presented with an extortionate bill, I'll offer them some merlin Premier league 98 sticker swaps, a half filled Costa coffee reward card or a lock of hair as payment. If it works for Barca...

His potential is massive , be another mistake if we let him go

I.really rate him.
But he won't reach his potential if he is really unhappy.
That said I cannot see Barca having 69 million pesetas, never mind pounds.

Don't disagree with any of that. I'm all for letting players go. But with buying clubs paying fair market value, particularly players yet to hit their prime.

I'm sure the club could have found moves for bernardo and laporte this summer, at a 'who the fuck cares about money' discounted price. And now both are contributing massively while under contract. No reason for Sterling and particularly Torres to not do the same.
The ridiculous thing is that I reckon we would have taken hits on Laporte and Bernardo but no club would even entertain it which is crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.