Ferran Torres | Signs for Barcelona (see main forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To this day I daren't to mention the Fabregas transfer to an Arsenal supporting mate. He's still mightily peeved off. Same tactics. Tapping up the player, and barrages of leaks in the press to up the pressure on the selling club.Only difference is they're no longer the European powerhouse they have it in their head they are.

You can compare Barcelona to the old nobility with tons of debts, an ancient crumbling mansion and inflated ego still wondering why not everybody's still bowing before their feet.
You can make that case, but in truth, Barcelona are STILL football NOBILITY. They may have behaved like the inbred heirs of Royalty of late, but write them off at your peril. Great City, incredible football DNA and .... sunshine!!!
We ARE somewhat the upstarts but have rather well out of Barca, have we not? Txiki, Soriano and Pep. FFS. Pep Guardiola!!! The greatest football coach in the game's history!!
For us to be giving Barcelona a lesson in business, how to play football and behaving with class in the transfer market, shows the dream is still alive and well!

But, rest assured, Barcelona won't be down for long.

A deal for Torres and Garcia is very different, Garcia had a few months left on his contract. We have Torres tied down.

If Torres says he wants to leave and Barca have money on the table the likelihood is that we do a deal I reckon. we aren't in the business of keeping people who don't want to be here.

Holding out and playing someone who cost us results taught nobody anything and sent no messages, except that Garcia is shite.

As I said, you say fair value but that is a completely mythical figure. City might think a 100% profit is fair but if he sold for 40m, people on here would kick off.

We have consistently sold our players under this supposed "fair value" though so we haven't taught anyone anything. When we sold Angelino you could say it was "bottom of the barrel offer" as he's probably worth double what Leipzig paid. I can't remember the last first team player we sold I thought we got a particularly good price for, Brahim at 15m?

What we have learnt though is that battling over a few million doesn't do anyone any favours and wastes time and It's hardly held us back so far.

For the record I don't think Torres will go but I also won't be arsed if City sell him for 40m and City have also proven they aren't going to hold a player to some mythical figure like other clubs do.

I trust whatever valuation they come up with tbf. My opinion is he's worth a lot more but City don't seem to get many wrong. I'd be really surprised by £40m. I'm not sure Angelino is worth double tbh but like you say it's a grey area.

A€60-70m deal is great for us but I can't see it happening, just given our track record.

Just been outside and stepped in some unicorn shit as I was fighting a leprechaun for the bag of gold at the end of the rainbow..

This is the made up thread isn't it?
70m for Torres from Barcelona? Not sure I'm having it tbh..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.