Aston Villa (A) - Post-Match Thread

Was fearful after the 1st half we would get a 4 or

As Villa fans are we supposed to be happy about losing our best players to city all the time ? ie Barry , Milner, Delph , Grealish ? How are we supposed to build a team to compete if this keeps happening? City didn’t need Grealish .It’s easy for city fans to applaud ex players as when you move players on you are bringing in world class players to replace. UTV
We never barracked and abused the likes of Shaun Wright Phillips who we sold to Chelsea. Villa till I die is a better response than abusing ex-Villa players.

We'll have to see about the Grealish signing. So far it's been a bad move for City and Grealish but it's early days. Mahrez struggled in his early days at City but became a much better player over time.

As Villa fans are we supposed to be happy about losing our best players to city all the time ?
No, you should be fucking fuming.
ie Barry , Milner, Delph , Grealish ?
All good players, every team loses good players though for a myriad of reasons
How are we supposed to build a team to compete if this keeps happening?
You bought Watkins from Brentford, a good buy, they replaced him with a player equally as good,you have to do that, instead of buying badly. At City we know all about bad buys.
City didn’t need Grealish
Grealish though needed City. I know you will not like to hear that, but we offer CL and medals, at the moment you do not. Footballers careers are short and as none of the top players will ever go skint, there careers will be measured on medals. At City he has a chance to work with a world class coach, no disrespect to Villa's management but Pep has a track record of making good players better and if Grealish truly wants to make the best of his career then he is at the right club for now. Do we need him, yes I think we do, he improves our squad, does that make me as a fan selfish, yes it probably does, but after so many years being fucking shit I want the best players at my club and so does our manager as it improves our levels
.It’s easy for city fans to applaud ex players as when you move players on you are bringing in world class players to replace. UTV
No club is perfect at this, i despise Milner and would boo the ****, but most ex players i look upon fondly.

Just had a look on Villa Talk to see what Villa fans thought of the game

LOL... What a pathetic bunch of bitter, deluded, toxic, insecure weirdo's

You're not joking!...

gwi1890
Mike dean was fantastic best ref performance I’ve seen in a long time

Talldarkandransome
Even Mike Dean behaved, was fair with decisions and no silly mistakes

Mozzavfc
Disappointed with how much Mike Dean let them get away with. Constant fouls, and no cards

Bizzzle
Never thought I’d see the day when I voted good for a game reffed by Mike Dean but here we are.

saturdaygig

I have to say, Mike Dean was fine today.

villanmac

Mike Dean Fan club in here

Jono62

We'll beat them next time.....
thought Mike Dean was decent tonight.

Of course you f**king do!

Last edited:
That Jesus chance highlights this perfectly. A great turn but an absolutely woeful finish. He had done the hard part and from there it was harder to miss than score, but miss he did and badly. That would have made it 3-1, took the wind out of their sails and game over. Gabby is a good player, skilful, chips in with goals and puts in a great shift, but our answer upfront he isn't.
A bit harsh Paul, I know I am a big soft sympathetic shite but that wasn’t an easy finish (swivel volley) and had he scored it then it would have been described as a great goal, for the cross, the turn and the volley

Ex-players getting booed should only happen under 2 circumstances imho. 1. They forced their way out of the club by basically downing tools or 2. They slag the club off at every opportunity they get after they leave. Jack Grealish has done neither and didn't deserve what some sections of the Villa fanbase aimed at him.

A bit harsh Paul, I know I am a big soft sympathetic shite but that wasn’t an easy finish (swivel volley) and had he scored it then it would have been described as a great goal, for the cross, the turn and the volley

No not harsh just truthful. He'd done the hard bit, he didn't just miss it was way off target. When; saw it I couldn't believe he'd missed it. Sergio didn't score every chance but I doubt he'd have missed that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.