Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who thought this up? Club or fans?

3820.jpg
Got to be a Scouser

And United and Liverpool have had success far more recently than Tottenham. I'm not sure I get your point.
My point was that Spurs fans have some basis for their delusions of grandeur.
Newcastle were formed in 1892, so their last trophy in 1955, was closer to their foundation than to today.
That applies to lots of other clubs such as Blackpool and Bury but neither are Viewed as the media views Newcastle.

Newcastle were formed in 1892, so their last domestic trophy in 1955, was closer to their foundation than to today.
That applies to lots of other clubs such as Blackpool and Bury but neither are Viewed as the media views Newcastle.
Edited for accuracy.
(You forgot about the Inter Cities Fairs Cup in 1969)!!

Newcastle were formed in 1892, so their last trophy in 1955, was closer to their foundation than to today.
I was replying to a poster who said that Newcastle were only behind United and Liverpool in regard to delusions of grandeur.

United last won trophies in 2017, Liverpool in 2020.

Surely Liverpool and United have more basis for their delusions of grandeur.

Blackpool and Bury are hardly likely to be comparable to Newcastle in the media because they’re divisions below them and haven’t got billionaire owners.

Last edited:
Edited for accuracy.
(You forgot about the Inter Cities Fairs Cup in 1969)!!
I didn't forget the ICFC; it wasn't a major trophy as it wasn't recognised by UEFA.
From Wiki "The competition was initially only open to teams from cities that hosted trade fairs and where these teams finished in their national league had no relevance. Early competitions also featured a one city, one team rule. After 1964, it was sometimes referred to as the Runners-up Cup, with teams now qualifying based on league position."
So it was more recognisably based on ability when Newcastle won it but still wasn't official.

I didn't forget the ICFC; it wasn't a major trophy as it wasn't recognised by UEFA.
From Wiki "The competition was initially only open to teams from cities that hosted trade fairs and where these teams finished in their national league had no relevance. Early competitions also featured a one city, one team rule. After 1964, it was sometimes referred to as the Runners-up Cup, with teams now qualifying based on league position."
So it was more recognisably based on ability when Newcastle won it but still wasn't official.
Next you'll be saying our Thomas Cook trophy doesn't count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.