Arthur Labinjo-Hughes

I am absolutely heartbroken having seen this. There are no words to describe the pain that young boy must have felt, none whatsoever. It's not just about the fact he is dead at seven years old, its the pain and torture and lack of love he was denied.

Anyone who can watch this and still argue against capital punishment really does need to think again. They are scum and don't deserve to live, never mind the cost of the protection they will demand.

Genuinely, in tears here.

BBC News - Arthur Labinjo-Hughes: Dad and partner guilty of killing six-year-old
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-59489765 not seen a thread about this wee boy. Just saw it in news and it has broken my heart. Poor wee critter at hands of absolute scum
Yet another reminder to count your blessings and give love as freely as it was given to you. I honestly don't have any other response.

All of us who escaped parents who thought that the right way to treat us as small kids was to make us stand like statues for hours on end.... we have to be so very thankful, and pass it on, it doesn't have to be that way.

The sad thing is, dad and mum were probably treated dreadfully when growing up. It doesn't excuse it. Not for a second. It's a warning. Not an excuse. Please don't make the same mistakes. Don't mistreat your children, don't take out your emotions on them, don't treat them like objects. Pick them up and talk to them. Listen to them. Be patient. Be fair. Describe your anger and other things if you have to. Don't use them against the child. When you would be too hard, stop, and love them. And you'll love yourself. You didn't deserve it. It was all a horrible mistake. Break the pattern, break the cycle. Do it the next time it gets too hard. You'll never now love like it.

I'm really not looking to make a political statement. I've just seen far, far too much of this stuff over the last 5 years round mine. And I've seen the consequences. Seen the child born, heard the household, noted in my head what I'm worried about happening, and gone white with horror, cried and screamed, when it does. It's predictable. Parents disciplining children only works if the parent is disciplined themselves. Otherwise it's a massive mistake that will emerge over time. It has to start there. You want your child to act well? Up your game. Tidy up. Work at everything, quietly. Be a good, creative, loving parent. Talk to other parents more. Drop the selfish habits. Don't let yourself be lazy then demand the child works. Watch your voice, watch your tone, watch your language. Everytime you want to shout, or swear, say a funny word. Every time - Be patient. And then see what happens.

And most of all, share. Share your stuff, yourself. With the child, with other people. And always, always ask for help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been aware of this case for a few weeks now, but as a father of two young children couldn't bear to read the details. I know some, and it's heartbreaking, I wish I could have done something to have helped him or stopped it.

Read with caution, it's up there with some of the very worst acts I've read of from history.

Followed this in the news but just heard the video of him being distraught, evil cunts, he will get a lighter sentance but i hope she is in on whole life tariff, poor kid

They clearly both need help. Starting with how to tie a secure knot using your prison bedsheets and precisely where behind the left ear to position it.

I turned off just after the headlines on the news about it, I just did not want to hear the details. The little bit I know is step mum got murder but dad only manslaughter. Sadly he will be out in what, 8 years ? Neither should see the outside world again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.