Concourse Singing

All standing, most drinking , an old tradition pre covid especially at away games. Mandatory in my day , only one lad doing it v west ham on sunday while the cockneys sung a whole medley of songs included one dedicated to our incarcerated defender . Probably illegal soon used to be fun and a way to sound test some new chants.

Don’t mind it in general but it does feel like it’s slowly evolved into being done solely so it can be filmed and put on social media in a ‘look how mad we are’ kind of way. I do find it a bit odd how people will do it on the concourse but as soon as they get into their seats they just stand quietly watching the game.

In the days of the Kippax terrace when you could drink, you got a beer or two and took your place next to the away fans from around 1.45pm and spent the next 75 mins generally verbally abusing the away fans.
Many a time (especially at away games) my voice had gone before the game started!
This was in the days before the PA system drowned us out - that only came on around 2.45 I think.
That is where songs were taught and learned.
So fans congregate where they can have a beer and also where they aren't drowned out by shite, loud music.
In seats, you don't need to get there 75 mins early to grab a spot in singers corner. And once in your seat you find yourself surrounded by others less enthusiastic about singing songs about Zabba or Dzeko throughout a game v Everton in 2021

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.