Garden Birds and wild birds thread.

Has anyone else seen a big increase in birds in your garden ?

Have been feeding the birds for years but this year there has been a huge increase in house sparrows using my seed house. I would say 10 fold increase. The house box is about two feet from our bedroom window and its madness once I put the seed out lol.

I can not answer as I have just moved to a house in East Sussex (from Kent !) other than a preponderance of robins..however, we have a small lake and at night I am staggered by the noises. I have seen ducks, Canada Geese,pheasants and heard owls and woodpeckers. I have been told that we have some mink in the area which would explain the feathers on the lawn from time to time.
Edit..numerous badgers killed by cars on the roads round here.

Amazing birds robins.
We have one in our garden that waits for us to feed it. As soon as we go out it flies down to within a couple of feet. Not got it to come any closer yet.

Saw a museum of murmurating Cedar Waxwings at work yesterday. There had to have been at least a thousand birds flying and circling around directly over us, they were there for hours

2-CA59-EA5-ACE4-417-D-8-AF1-D1-AE0-C9-D29-EA.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.