How do we convince Bernardo to stay here forever?

If Jack is a £100mill player, how much is Bernardo worth? Only Real Madrid and probably PSG can afford him outside the PL. He isn't going to PSG, so it's it's either Real Madrid or City. Hopefully Bernardo will stay at City, where he is loved by Pep, the players, and the fans.
If you go to jack’s transfer thread , you might get lucky to find some golden nuggets as some were willing to sell him for peanuts and jack is better then him comparisons .

Yea the weather in Manchester doesn't lend itself to beachwear! This is what we are up against !!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211205-135610_Instagram~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20211205-135610_Instagram~2.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 56
Bernardo had a quiet first season & a quite brilliant second season. However, the Mendy incident in his third season where he was banned, affected him more than many realised, as his form fell off a cliff.

The following season he was little more than a squad make weight, & that's where his discontent set in, but I always believed that his second season displays were more than a mere flash in the pan.

It's at this point where Bernardo's discontent with life at City, became a discontent with life in the UK, & when it was first muted he wanted to leave. He wasn't a regular starter & to be honest that reflected his form which is why many City fans wanted at least our money back & to wish him well in new endeavours elsewhere, but personally I was seriously gutted.

That performance at home vs The Dippers has always stuck in my mind as the most complete performance I've seen from any player to wear our shirt, I rate it THAT highly. I couldn't believe why Bernardo wasn't being given the chance to rediscover that form.

There seemed to be a calming of the situation last season, after the busy festive period left us with a few players out injured, meaning we were forced to turn to the likes of Silva. Sterling was acting captain & in great form & Silva's form began to resemble that of his second season.

City went on a winning run which eventually sealed the season for us, but the crucial turning point for Bernardo came when we faced ManUre in the derby & a fit again KDB replaced an in form Bernardo. BIG MISTAKE! I seriously couldn't believe that Guardiola dropped Bernardo EVEN for KDB!

KDB always takes 4-5 matches to get fully up to speed after injury, so why did we try to fix what wasn't broken, in the derby of all matches? KDB was poor on his return & seriously off the pace, as ManUre took the lead, defended in massed ranks & then chose to pick us off on the counter.

Shortly after the second half commenced, Bernardo replaced an ailing KDB, but the damage had been done & we went on to lose the match. It's at this point that Sterling & Bernardo's forms slipped. Both players were dropped & it was rumoured both wanted to leave during the summer.

However, neither got the moves they reputedly wanted, & injuries at the start of this season gave Bernardo another chance, & he's blazed a fiery trail ever since, which begs the question..... Bernardo, Gundog & Rodders have been our best midfield combination this season, but what happens when KDB is back, fit & up to speed? What happens if Sterling rediscovers his best form, Foden continues to tear up the tarmac & Grealish settles into the consistent top class player we know we've got? Who gives way?

I think the key to this is a change I've seen in Guardiola. The UCL final was a chastening experience for Guardiola & one which we all feared might happen, given his history if trying to pull a surprise in huge matches, which blow up in our faces. This season as injuries started to bite, we played Zinchenko as an advanced midfielder to replace Gundog. No space-age formations, no year 2081 tactics, just a player being brough in to replace another in a familiar system, & it maintained our shape, form & excellent run of games.

I hope that Pep better rotates the squad, therefore making players like Bernardo, Stones, Laporte & Sterling feel like they're being rested & rotated & not dropped for other players, regardless of their form.

Pep doing this will make players like Bernardo understand they're part of a big squad, which is constructed to win multiple titles & cups every season, & not just the guy who fills in when KDB is injured, & played again bottom of the league teams, when KDB needs a rest prior to a big match.

Bernardo is better than being a bit part player in the supporting cast, & he mostly always has been since he's been here. I've always felt this, & evidently so has Silva. Bernardo's Etihad future is directly linked to how Pep utilises our squad, however I'm happy to say that it seems like even Pep has evolved his thinking, as I doubt he's had a better squad of players to keep happy. Make the value of their worth very apparent to each squad member, & we'll be OK... )(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.