FA Cup 3rd Round | Swindon (A)

Should be a decent game, and a chance to rest a few first teamers perhaps. My cousin is an Oxford fan, they all despise Swindon apparently.
I am sure that they do. I recall going to an FA Cup replay at Reading. That was the one that City won 7-0 after a draw at Maine Road. I was sitting on the wall at the back of Reading’s old stadium. There was a guy from Newbury alongside me.

He ageeed with me about Reading being rubbish and stated that he was off to watch Swindon next week.

To think that a few years afterwards that Robert Maxwell tried to merge Reading and Oxford and move to Didcot as the ‘Thames Valley Royals’. No doubt Maxwell would have included Swindon in the merger given the chance?

Swindon certainly have a pedigree in Cup Competitions. I can recall them winning the a League Cup, as a Third Division side at Wembley against Arsenal.

Swindon should not be under estimated. However with no League Cup semi-finals to be played in January (for the first time in years) I suspect that City will play a strong side and win.

Welcome to our world Swindon, this taken off their forum…..

“BBC the same. Some people are just Swindon blind
Smiley

Posted at 19:1919:19
Post update
FA Cup third round draw

Non-league Chesterfield are off to Stamford Bridge to face Chelsea.

Former Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard will take his Aston Villa side to Manchester United, while we also have all-Premier League ties between West Ham and Leeds, plus holders Leicester City against Watford”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.