Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

TBH I don’t have a problem with the Coop Live Arena name. At least it’s a Manchester based business and institution, with links to City since 1844.

I could be wrong, but I think this is the recently named ‘Street’, going off the length of the bar and the point of entry shown in the CGI?

View attachment 31206
No issue with The Co-Op Live Arena, it's the street bit that sounds horrendous and is just a way of fitting in Bristol "Street" Motors branding.

I read it as though there would be a smaller venue within similar to the indigo room at the O2 in London. Would be good to have another 4k venue in the city but that image doesn't look like what I had envisaged.

No issue with The Co-Op Live Arena, it's the street bit that sounds horrendous and is just a way of fitting in Bristol "Street" Motors branding.

I read it as though there would be a smaller venue within similar to the indigo room at the O2 in London. Would be good to have another 4k venue in the city but that image doesn't look like what I had envisaged.

Apologies. Misread. You have a point. Hopefully there won't be Bristol Street Motors branding all over the Street?

Reactions: sk4
I think we can all agree - that is a truly awful name for a venue. Is that going to be the equivalent of the Indigo at the o2 arena?

i.e. a purpose built smaller venue within the venue, or is it a section of the entrance hall they're going to rope off occasionally?

If this has been previously announced it has completely passed me by.
I think the name is fine it’s great to have a northern institution with its HQ in Manchester that has an ethical policy at its heart sponsoring the venue Let’s face it if it had been the rags it would probably have been the?, answers on a postcard

I think the name is fine it’s great to have a northern institution with its HQ in Manchester that has an ethical policy at its heart sponsoring the venue Let’s face it if it had been the rags it would probably have been the?, answers on a postcard
To be clear, I am not referring to the Co-op, that bit is fine. The tweet referred to "The Street" a venue with a 4k capacity within the Co-op Live and its "The Street" that I think is awful.

City need to get new contractors, I've been watching this for an hour and nothing's moved.

The clock's broken as well!
There were two builders leaning against each other for an hour the other day on there

must have forgotten their spades

Strongly disagree. "The Street" is an awful name for a venue.

To be clear, I am not referring to the Co-op, that bit is fine. The tweet referred to "The Street" a venue with a 4k capacity within the Co-op Live and its "The Street" that I think is awful.

You’re overthinking it. Sounds like it’s just a long bar area where they’ll have a bit of music on. It runs down the side of the arena itself so ‘the street’ is actually quite a fitting name. I wouldn’t get too upset about it.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.