FA Cup 3rd Round | Swindon (A)

It looks okay on TV, but in truth it is in exactly the same condition as the last few times you've visited. Not a lot changed, except seats on the Stratton Bank where you can get wet, while admiring the seats. Bring some protection from the elements.
I remember one visit when it pissed down and the dickhead stewards wouldn't let us take brollies in the uncovered bit of the ground.

Hi all,

Congratulations in getting drawn against Wiltshire's best EFL club. Suprised so many of you seem happy with it to be honest, though we certainly are. A decade of failing to reach the 3rd round then this comes along,

Just a quick note to say away allocation is *usually* the corner of the covered Arkells stand, and when needed the open ended Startton Bank. Its about 900 in the Arkells and 2000ish in the Bank (which to be honest is pretty awful as a stand). You seem to have figured that out already.

Numbers are a bit non exact and the bank hasn't been opened this season yet so gawd knows what needs doing to it to get it ready! But I assume its in hand, but when you get away crowds in the 40s and 50s it isn't top priority.

As for us, we could easily have been out of existance in the summer were it not for an Australian plumber taking us over and a good QC in court. To be drawn against the league champions is real icing on the cake stuff.

Our style is a passing one, not your typical division 4 lumps, and probably draws the same criticism that you do at times. And yeah, I suppose you may be a bit better at it ... Still, we have an excellent away record and slowly improving home form. I'll dream until about 5 minutes past kick off.

I guess it'll be a fringe players/youthful City team. Fair enough, let us nick a draw and I don't mind a battering in the replay at the Etihad :) Bring on Ben Garneriola v Pep someone or other.

Not much to add really, so I'll pop off now. I think I'm supposed to end this with something about dirty oil money and no fans ??!

Ps. To those with Oxford fan friends, get new friends ;)

PPS. For all your stats needs:

Anyone else go to the 3rd round tie on the football special in the early sixties. Lost 1-2 . Alan Oakes scored. United were at Southampton that day. Both trains were heading on the same route. Piccadilly Station was chaos. To make matters worse United were 2-0 down at half time but won 3-2.
Went to that match can't remember too much about how we got there. Before the match lots of blues ran on the pitch acting the goat as my mum would call it. One of the leaders was a lad called Dennis wearing a leather John Lennon cap. Everybody seemed to know him and treated him as a hero. I'd never seen him before and never saw him again.

Some guys I know are mad Swindon fans ~ have gone to Orient tonight to see if ST can win 9th away game in a row…..good we play them at home !

Metropolitan Police seeing Palace away to Millwall and Leeds bringing 10,000 down to West Ham in the same weekend

FF8rskFXoAQKJ2_
If you were going to show two ties for TV these would be great viewing..
Just turn the cameras onto the crowd instead though.

My sister lives in Cirencester about 15 miles from Swindon. Last time I was down there I got talking to a Swindon fan and he said the open end was known locally as the hypothermia stand. He said it was totally dilapidated and likened it to the Terry Thomas coach for hire in the St Trinians film.

I'm really looking forward to the half time entertainment with XTC.......
I remember when you you came down to our place in the mid 90's and all they played over the PA was bloody Oasis. Lost a great opportunity to showcase great Wiltshire music like XTC, Gilbert O'Sullivan and Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Twitch. What bands has Manchester produced to compete with that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.