Metrolink to / from Etihad

Todays prediction for our ultra modern public transport system = Utter shite.

Prediction for Tuesday nights game = Even worse.
Prediction for next Saturday:
All interrupting work suspended, full service expected on all lines.

nb Brighton will be visiting the borough of Trafford that day.

Just on a team from Piccadilly and they said to be aware that there was only a skeleton service on the way back after the game. So be prepared to walk. Who knows if we will notice much difference

Just on a team from Piccadilly and they said to be aware that there was only a skeleton service on the way back after the game. So be prepared to walk. Who knows if we will notice much difference
I didn't know skeletons could get on trams. Bit much having a service just for them - I call that discrimination.

Miracle today, direct tram from Altrincham to the Etihad. Thank you Metrolink.
I retract my thanks, they were utter shite after the game. Three double trams to Eccles, a double tram to Bury, two doubles to Trafford Bar. Then guess what eventually a single unit to Altrincham, the utter cunts.

Waited 25 minutes at Martinscroft station for a Met to arrive on the way there today. 25 fucking minutes in the cold on a Saturday before Christmas when there are lots of shoppers around and there’s a City game on… shite!

Even when I finally got on, that Airport line is painfully slow through Baguley and Northern Moor, and painfully slow again through Town… shite!

Waited 15 minutes on the platform at the Etihad after the game for a Met to arrive. 15 minutes in the pouring rain when there are thousands of people wanting to get on a Met to head back to Town, barely anyone on the other platform to Ashton yet three Mets went past in that direction in the time it took one to turn up towards Town… shite!

And not really any other alternatives for where I live.

I’d try the 101 bus to Picc Gdns but the Gardens are a nightmare when trying to get on the Met to the ground.

Wolves fans would have had an easier journey to and from the Etihad than I have. The transport system for a conurbation of 2.8m people is very poor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shit show again today - waited virtually 30 mins in Picc Station for the Alty tram to then all be squeezed on to a single tram. In the mean time about 6 trams came in from the ground. It would appear they were making the Alty tram wait at the siding to prioritise getting the trams through from the stadium. The lack of double trams on the Alty line is scandalous.

Shit show again today - waited virtually 30 mins in Picc Station for the Alty tram to then all be squeezed on to a single tram. In the mean time about 6 trams came in from the ground. It would appear they were making the Alty tram wait at the siding to prioritise getting the trams through from the stadium. The lack of double trams on the Alty line is scandalous.
Work from home
Wash hands
Wear masks in shops
Keep gatherings to small numbers

Stand on packed tram/train - no problems! Same on train for me today. Must have been 600 on our train which has seating for about 300.

From the sublime to the ridiculous....

Got to Alti @ 10.40 ish and to my amazement their was a direct tram to the etihad. Thought it was an error. But no, it was real and was great getting me in around 11.25. Couple of pints pre game and all was good....

Then the return, maybe unsurprisingly it was a shit show. Gave up getting a tram at the ground having seen the queues. Walked back to town past the Mercedes garage and Mitchell Arms and id got back to Piccadilly before a met went past me. Must have been 30 mins after the final whistle, wtaf are they playing at i thought. I knew trouble was brewing. Went for a lash in the station and headed for the metro down the escalator. To cut a long story short it took me 4 trams to get back to Altrincham. Finally getting back at 4.45pm. 2+ hours after the final whistle in the pissing rain. Never again

Yeah it was a long queue but I think it was to stop too many people being in the platform as it was slippy as fuck..they didn't grit the platform or the stairs.
Yep it was positively treacherous! I almost came a cropper on the platform but luckily for me a kind person caught me and scooped me up before I hit the deck! I was so shocked I didn’t even thank the guy so if you are reading this - big shout out to ya fella!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.