F1 Season 2021

I was in the main grandstand at the 2019 Austrian GP. During the race, the elderly Dutchman next to me asked, "Do you like how Max drives?" Assuming he probably did like the way Max had dealt with Chuck Le Cluck on track, I smiled politely and nodded affirmation. "I am his Opa," said the proud grandparent. Old "Opa" Verstappen passed away a few months later.

I was in the main grandstand at the 2019 Austrian GP. During the race, the elderly Dutchman next to me asked, "Do you like how Max drives?" Assuming he probably did like the way Max had dealt with Chuck Le Cluck on track, I smiled politely and nodded affirmation. "I am his Opa," said the proud grandparent. Old "Opa" Verstappen passed away a few months later.
Is this your way of telling us to keep our grandparents away from you?

Mercedes withdrawing their appeal, probably so the sport doesn't fall apart.

You can almost guarantee that the outcome of the review will be that the FIA will never apply that version of the regulation again.

Last edited:
Behave yourself lulz

He's right.

There was an amazing season, going down to the shootout in the final race and Hamilton won. He beat him on the track and it was taken away by an incompetent official breaking the rules to give Verstappen the win.

Everyone knows that. The fans, the media and the drivers. And now as the hysteria wears off Verstappen will know it too.

And when Masi is fired, and when regulations are changed because of it, its going to be cemented in history. Every time the new regs are referenced, or the new race director, they're going to bring up the time the FIA stole a title from a driver. Every time Hamilton is referred to as the most successful driver of all time with 7or 8 or 9 titles wherever he ends up, people will mention he should have 1 more, if not for the FIA cheating. It will go on for decades.

The only reason anyone is accepting this is because Hamilton has 7 WDCs already, which is ridiculous, but there we are.

Last edited:
I think at the end of the day it was just a small part of the championship in an epic year long battle.

Mercedes had loads of good fortune. Like the British GP where Hamilton took Verstappen out the race and then had the luck to have a red flag to have the damage he caused repaired. Or Imola where he went a lap down because of a mistake in tricky conditions lapping back markers and then again because of a red flag he was put back on the same lap as the leaders.

Or Bottas handily causing Verstappen to get his car so badly damaged that he couldn't even beat the Williams in the race.

We didn't see a one lap shootout, we saw a whole championship of racing that decided who won. Hamilton did nothing wrong in the last race and was unlucky. But as my above examples show he had had ridden his luck in multiple occasions previously and these things tend to balance themselves out.

I think at the end of the day it was just a small part of the championship in an epic year long battle.

Mercedes had loads of good fortune. Like the British GP where Hamilton took Verstappen out the race and then had the luck to have a red flag to have the damage he caused repaired. Or Imola where he went a lap down because of a mistake in tricky conditions lapping back markers and then again because of a red flag he was put back on the same lap as the leaders.

Or Bottas handily causing Verstappen to get his car so badly damaged that he couldn't even beat the Williams in the race.

We didn't see a one lap shootout, we saw a whole championship of racing that decided who won. Hamilton did nothing wrong in the last race and was unlucky. But as my above examples show he had had ridden his luck in multiple occasions previously and these things tend to balance themselves out.
It’s not about luck though. For Red Bull or Mercedes.

The race director manufactured the result he wanted.

Reactions: mat

I think he simply wanted the season to end with a racing lap rather than a lap behind the safety car.

Which for me was a positive as that's why I watch F1, to see the cars racing. Either way was going to compromise one driver or another and Hamilton was just unlucky that day.

They messed up on some strategy calls as well throughout the season, Turkey where Hamilton stayed out longer than what his engineer was telling him to do. Austin as well, he just didn’t have enough time left in the race to get past Verstappen.

Asking him what tyres he wanted in case of a safety car was cursing it. Bottas not being at his best on Sundays wasn’t much help with the title fight. Hopefully Russell can bring a lot more competition to Hamilton and Verstappen.

I actually don't think Masi purposefully set out to engineer a scenario where Max wins the race. A mixture of grand incompetence, allowing himself to be browbeaten by Horner and the pressure, which he clearly couldn't handle, of knowing there were millions if not billions of people around the world waiting for him to make the right call.

Masi has to go and can't be anywhere near another F1 race.

I think he simply wanted the season to end with a racing lap rather than a lap behind the safety car.

Which for me was a positive as that's why I watch F1, to see the cars racing. Either way was going to compromise one driver or another and Hamilton was just unlucky that day.
Sure and he could have done that by not allowing lapped cars past to make it a fairer race.

He panicked and created his own rules and manufactured the result.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.